What’s your New Years Resolution?

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,983 Member
    I'm not at maintenance at the moment, but have been in the past (or close enough where losing was far from a priority).

I don't really set NYR.

My goals I've already started on, they tend to be more on the timeline of my race season than the annual calendar. As a season wraps up I analyze what happened that year, successes and failures, what I want my next season to look like, and what I can do now to make that happen.

So, my current goals are:
    1) Continue with my "regular" gym routine (limitations with my leg being a factor) and increase it as the current plan becomes easy.
    2) Cut myself some slack where my leg is concerned - do what I can, don't sweat what I can't.
    3) Build my bike so I feel confident on it because it's doing what it should, when it should.
    4) Don't eat dinner out alone (or ordered out) more than 1x/week - cook at home/leftovers
    5) Phone gets put away when I'm in bed - no reading/looking at phone once I'm in my bed
    6) Continue to train the hand/eye/brain coordination (yay for an excuse to play more video games!)
    7) Continue with active rehabilitation and rebuilding of my leg

This one I haven't made a priority yet, but is on the list:
    8) Meditate, even for just a minute, daily
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I have no resolutions, I will just carry on as I am and set goals as and when I want, not just because a new year has started.

Well said and exactly the way I feel! Life is too unpredictable and always changing. I change goals and resolutions as needed.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Sub 1:45 half marathon
    Sub 4:00 marathon
    Increase lifts (don't have specifics set yet)
    Continue to be able to control weight (gain/lose/maintakn depending on need)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    OHammykins wrote: »
    I'm not at maintenance yet but my goal is to do a pull up :-)
    I know it doesn't seem like much but I've never been able to do one before!

After I read this I gave it a try. There’s one of those outdoor circuit things on my walking route. Pull-up, nope. But I’ll keep trying!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm at the top end of my goal weight but still recomping, will probably be satisfied another ten pounds down but my goals now are more measurement and performance based.

I made several fitness related goals for 2017 and achieved them: normal weight, waist under 35', normal A1c, can do twenty real push-ups in a row, can do 100 crunches and 200 bodyweight squats in a row, can squat and deadlift my body weight, can run a sub ten minute mile and sub 36 minute 5k.

This year's fitness goals:
    I want to have a 30 inch waist by my birthday in June (currently 32).
    Run a sub 30 minute 5k before my birthday
    Be competitive in my age group at 5k by the time of St Jude's Marathon weekend next December (doing the sub 30 would have put me in the top 20 this year)
    I still want to do a pull-up! This is not yet an immediate goal as much as a distant one
    Continue to exercise regularly, eat appropriately, and maintain my A1c at healthy numbers
    Learn to balance my life better - currently I am doing well on the exercise and diet front, but at the cost of the rest of my life. I need to learn to manage my time better, so that good habits become automatic and easy, for long term change to be sustainable.

As they used to say, "God willin' and the creek don't rise," since fate, illness, and unforeseen circumstances can make any goal go out the window!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    No resolutions here. But as always I will keep consistently exercising and watching my intake (loosely) as that's what keeps me trim and fit.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    My current resolution/goal is to get more flexible. I saw a thread about a 30 day yoga challenge, but the video turned me off the instructor, so I would like to just do it on my own. If I can do a little every day, in a month I should see some improvement.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    No resolutions. Simply eat well and exercise as I always do.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    400 lb deadlift.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    I don't care for fitness resolutions, but I do have some goals does maintenance as I'm so close after being severely underweight.

1. Figuring out my maintenance calories, and be mentally okay with "under" days.
    2. Continue to lift. Lose/redistribute the belly fat.
    3. Build more endurance through cardio. I want to be able to ride my bike again after struggling for several years.
    4. Try something different every so often. My first one will be rock climbing at REI.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    My goal is one month at a time maintaining my weight something I could not do before when I lost weight. I’m hoping this will help keep me on track.
  • Mine is to keep logging every day and be content with whatever weight comes off. I want to loose weight but not keep myself to a schedule, as I'll get discouraged if I go slower. So yes, the other goal is to end the year weighing less than I do now.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    I don't have any resolutions and don't need any. When I set my mind on something, I do it now, not wait on January 1st. My goals for this year is to continue my lean bulk until April and then do a cut from April to hopefully June or at most July.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    edited January 2018
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Just started rowing daily again and have a goal of reaching 1 million lifetime meters on my Concept2 rower.

Concept2 gives participants a t-shirt, pin and certificate when this is accomplished.

Currently at about 725k lifetime meters rowed over the past 18 months and only have 275k meters to go.

At my present rate of rowing 10k meters/day (5 days/wk), I should easily reach this goal w/in 6 wks by mid-Jan 2018.

Topped 1 Million Lifetime Meters rowing yesterday as planned!

At my current rate of rowing 50k meters/wk, I just might be able to top 2 Million meters by the end of the current rowing season which ends on 4/30/18.

So, this is my new goal for 2018. :smile:

No big deal if I don't make it but it will give me something to shoot for.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Lose the holiday weight and get back to maintenance.
    Finish the treehouse

First resolution met!
    The treehouse will have to wait for warmer weather.