Protein/Carb meal/snack recommendations? Mainly before and after hitting the gym

I need to eat more than i am currently eating. I'm about to go to the gym and i know eggs with tortillas isn't enough for a bodybuilding workout. I'm about to eat some healthy carbs right now (oatmeal) and maybe also toast and peanut butter.

Any idea on what i should get when i go to the store?

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Buy anything you want that fits your macro and calorie goals!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I don't eat anything before I work out... I have dinner and dessert when I get home.

Buy what ever takes your fancy!
  • Jonnydebrasco
    Jonnydebrasco Posts: 68 Member
    Exactly what jdmac said. It is a vrry good thing to have a high quality protein shake with milk after workouts as your body will make best use of it within half hour of your workout
  • Jonnydebrasco
    What has worked for me is eating six to seven times a day
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    arenavles wrote: »
    What has worked for me is eating six to seven times a day

Worked for what?
  • Jonnydebrasco
    My diet
  • Jonnydebrasco
    The question was about nuttition was it not?
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,975 Member
    edited December 2017
    OP: Have you ever heard of the Elvis sandwich"?

If not, Google it. It's a grilled peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwich that's attributed to Elvis Presley. It's very popular in Nashville.

Logs in at about 780 cals the way I make it. Lots of fat but also lots of carbs and protein in it. Just balance it out w/more carbs & protein and less fat the rest of the day.

Make it for you hubby now and then. He'll love you even more than he already does when you do. :)