why the drastic need to lose weight?
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Amputate an arm?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Have a deficit of 21,000 over 18 days, or 1,167/day.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose, you should be able to sustain that much of an aggressive deficit for 18 days, if you have less to lose, then it will be much harder, and a larger % of your loss will be from lean muscle, not just fat
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Start 2-3 weeks ago.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    You can't safely lose 6 pounds of fat in 18 days, but if you haven't already been watching your food/water intake, you will feasibly lose some water weight in the first week. You could come close - but it wouldn't be fat loss.

Just follow MFP's guidelines for the number of calories to eat and measure/log your food. Drink water.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Why the rush? Is your New Years Eve going to be hugely impacted if you don’t lose the weight?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you were pretty heavy it would probably be easy because you'd have a good whoosh of water loss at the beginning of your weight loss. But my hunch is that you are not and anything you do is either not going to work or is going to work and then as soon as you get to your event or vacation you will eat/drink/bloat/feel miserable.
  • AllzTaylor
    AllzTaylor Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Its only because i want to get to 199 before the month ends. Or get close to it at least.
  • AllzTaylor
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Why the rush? Is your New Years Eve going to be hugely impacted if you don’t lose the weight?

Not exactly, just would be saddened if i did not reach my goal
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    AllzTaylor wrote: »

I'm only five pounds away from my EOY "stretch" goal, so we're in a pretty similar boat! Goals can be great, but don't let them be so rigid that you hurt yourself or aren't able to appreciate what you have achieved so far. I'm not likely to hit my goal either, but I'll probably be there by the end of January, which is still dang good. If you only have 6 pounds to go, you are already "close" to 199 - you'll be there soon, if not in 2017, if you're patient. I don't know how much you've lost so far, but any loss is a win, in my book.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

change your goal.

*shrug

remember, it's a process not an event.

everybody screws up; just ask yourself 'so what?'

carry on

best of luck
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

I had the same goal by my birthday when I started (gave me almost nine months to hit it). The day before I weighed 201 pounds and thought "wow, that's awesome!" It took me another three weeks to drop down, but it wasn't disappointing at all.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    My goal was to be at 20% body fat by my birthday. My birthday is on January 5th and I’m at around 25%. I won’t hit my goal this time. Sometimes that happens. My best advice is to set more obtainable goals and just keep going. You will get to where you want to be, just maybe not on the timeline you originally wanted.
  • AllzTaylor
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone <3 I've decided to just keep doing what im doing . and see where that takes me.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Don’t set goals that can’t be changed or altered as you go. Not everything is as obtainable as they seem at first. Keep up the hard work and you will get there before you know it. Just continue to take it Day by day
  • AllzTaylor
    Options
    Do you think going about 100 calories over your calorie goal makes you gain weight, or if doesn't happen often, will i be alright?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Do you think going about 100 calories over your calorie goal makes you gain weight, or if doesn't happen often, will i be alright?

No. If your goal is to lose 2 lbs/week (1000) cals per day, then going over 100 will lead to slightly less weight loss. if you ate 100 over your weight loss goal cals for a whole week you would lose 1.8 instead of 2 lbs.
  • AllzTaylor
    Options
    I went over my calorie goal with some veggies.