Back from vacation - back on track

One week later and stepped on the scale: Up three pounds. Okay, no big deal, right? Now, I'm out of my maintenance range and have set MFP to lose 1lb a week for a time till I'm back in range. Tonight we have a festive dinner at a favorite restaurant, but I've preplanned what I'll be eating: 3 oz of steak, green beans, and one piece of bread with butter. Saving room for my favorite evening snacks of Enlightened ice cream bars (180 cal). Planning to skip lunch to save calories for tonight. It's pouring rain so I'll be hitting the gym this morning. Even though vacation was technically active (skiing) we were with kids so we couldn't go as long or as hard as when we ski just us adults. It's OK! I enjoyed the vacation but am happy to be home and able to manage weight more easily.

Replies

• 92019start
    92019start Posts: 80 Member
    Does anyone else have mixed feelings about vacations? I am a glutton for routine, as well as a stay at home mom, so fellow moms will understand how traveling with four little ones is taking the crazy show on the road. Nine hours in the car, it’s a lot!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,785 Member
    welcome back. I am also a glutton for routine. Part of the learning process and growing process for me as I stay in maintenance is trying to be a little more forgiving and flexible. We HAVE to be able to enjoy our lives and celebrations without guilt and ALSO be able to get back on track when necessary. See you on the weekly check in. :)
  • 92019start
    92019start Posts: 80 Member
    welcome back. I am also a glutton for routine. Part of the learning process and growing process for me as I stay in maintenance is trying to be a little more forgiving and flexible. We HAVE to be able to enjoy our lives and celebrations without guilt and ALSO be able to get back on track when necessary. See you on the weekly check in. :)

Yes, true it’s part of life. I wish I could enjoy vacations more, actually. I find it hard to relish the indulgences.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited January 2018
    Its good to get back on track again quickly :smile:

I feel I have to still keep an eye on how much even on vacation as I don't want to gain more than 1 or 2lbs. I don't gain any (true) weight any more which is down to keeping active when on holidays and stopping eating when I'm satisfied.