What food will put on the most weight in a fast amount of time?

2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I'm currently eating 2000 to 2300 calories a day but not seeing much weight gain

If you find that 3 day diet that has tuna, ice cream, peanut butter with toast you will be big within the year. Just 3 days. You will lose about 15 pounds but within that year you will gain 80 or more.

If there is a nutritionist of sound mind that can help me reverse this please dm me

The what now?!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I'm currently eating 2000 to 2300 calories a day but not seeing much weight gain

If you find that 3 day diet that has tuna, ice cream, peanut butter with toast you will be big within the year. Just 3 days. You will lose about 15 pounds but within that year you will gain 80 or more.

If there is a nutritionist of sound mind that can help me reverse this please dm me

I have no idea what this means.
  • I'm currently eating 2000 to 2300 calories a day but not seeing much weight gain

• Take your current diet and add more fat!! Oils are the easiest way to do so
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member

2weczcv3uwd2.jpeg
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member

A lot of nope there!
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    2300 calories is definitely not a lot of food for a man and you don't seem short or sedentary. You definitely need to eat more.
  • fatal_degree
    fatal_degree Posts: 22 Member
    Personally I have tge opposite problem, but my husband is like you. He is thin and eats a lot without gaining weight. I just finished doing a tally of what he has eaten today SO FAR, and added the projected dinner & snack calories.....

We totalled his intake at roughly 4000 calories today.

He is 37, has a low activity job, does not work out and is 5'9"/130lbs. That is actually up a couple pounds, I think owing to that I started buying doughnuts & sweets more often and I buy as much whole milk as he wants now. His doctor always tells him he is under weight & he needs to eat more.....sigh.

Good luck with your battle!

• HvymetalMG
    HvymetalMG Posts: 93 Member
    filbo132 wrote: »

That's not much food, well for me those are cutting numbers. Just to put it in perspective, my lean bulk calories number is 3000 calories per day and I don't even do cardio (although I do walk all day at work, so technically that can be considered as cardio). Not saying yours is the same, but my hunch is that your not eating enough food for a surplus.

Hey can you give me an idea of what foods you're eating to get to 3k a day? I need some help getting there without it being crap. Thanks
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    HvymetalMG wrote: »

That's not much food, well for me those are cutting numbers. Just to put it in perspective, my lean bulk calories number is 3000 calories per day and I don't even do cardio (although I do walk all day at work, so technically that can be considered as cardio). Not saying yours is the same, but my hunch is that your not eating enough food for a surplus.

Hey can you give me an idea of what foods you're eating to get to 3k a day? I need some help getting there without it being crap. Thanks

check out the hard gainer link on the first page of this thread.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    The fastest proven way to lose weight is marriage, but other than that your calories are way too low since 2000 to 2300 is just not cutting it. Just eat more until the scale moves to where you want it to and don't make it more complicated than it has to be.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited January 2018
    HvymetalMG wrote: »

You should check this guy out on YouTube, it's called musclemonsters , he has a ton of recipes for hard gainers, most of his meals range from 700 to 1000 calories per meals. One of his recipes is for example 2 scoops of whey with almond milk and 4 slices of bread with 3tbsp of peanut butter and a banana. His recipes are basic, but perfect for people who have no clue what high caloric meals to make.
  • coleRam
    coleRam Posts: 19 Member
    I don't know what the other posts say but from personal experience i thought i was eating a lot and it turns out i wasn't. This app helped me track my calories and i was able to gain 30+ pounds. I started by eating the typicl 200/ 300 calorie surplus that is recommended for a "clean" gain and was not seeing any results. So i said screw it and ate a 4000 calorie diet. On my 175lb frame it was a lot. I was eating non stop. All the time. It sucked but got a lot easer. That was about 2 years ago. When i got to my goal weight 210lbs i dropped back down to my maitence calories. Just google search calorie calculator and one will pop up. Which was about 3000 calories i dropped down to 204-206lbs. Im currently now eating 4000 calories a day again bc i want to be 215lbs. It sounded like a lot of food and it was at first but now i hit it without any issues. Side not. Its definitely not a "clean" gain and you will gain fat too. Also im naturally very very thin and can lose weight really eaisly. Also i have to eat more then most people i know to see any gains at all. Eating a lot does work i promise.