JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Day 5:I rode the stationary bike but no stretch time. I did meet my water goal and all other goals.

Personal success: I have gone three days without weight loss. That's not much of a success, haha, BUT, I have not been discouraged or felt like throwing in the towel, which is a yea for me. I have stayed well within my calorie and nutritional intake. Several days MFP has said I'm not eating enough. But I am not hungry so it's difficult for me to force myself to eat. However, I did an evaluation and decided to eat a high protein breakfast this morning to get more calories in (I usually don't eat breakfast) and I am going to up my water intake to 5.5 cups and see if that will spur things on! I'm also going to measure myself---I've not done that.

Something I learned: I mentioned yesterday the need to "focus on the process and not the outcome." This has been key, I believe, to not getting discouraged by no weight loss. Knowing that I am being diligent gives me peace and confidence that eventually I will make my goal. Usually, I would become dismayed and head for the chocolate stash :(

Wednesday, 1/10
    JFT:
    I will drink 5.5 cups of water
    I will take some measurements
    I will do 15 minutes of stretching
    I will do ride bike for 30 minutes
    I will finish writing this year's vision for myself upon reaching my goal
    I will record my food on mfp
    I will "focus on the process and not the outcome."

my children ate the chocolate stash. buttheads.
  • missheidi
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Goal for 1/8: 173.5. Today: 178. Bleugh! Please, God, let this just be TOM. I was SO STINKING HUNGRY last night. :( And I stuck to things that were as low-calorie and supposedly satiating as possible, but I was just hungry, hungry, hungry.
    Day by day; you got this. Yesterday I stepped on my friend the scale (she is just a piece of machinery that gives me numbers so I cannot hate her) and was up two freaking pounds to a number I hadn't seen in months. I knew it was a blip, but I think that it made me behave better yesterday. Today back to a real number down 2.5 #.
    That might have been the kick in the pants I needed.

@clairelouisey - Did you make that delicious french onion soup yourself? Ultimately I want to know if you have a good recipe. Expeciaally if it is slow or pressure cooker. is there flour in french onion soup? i mean, if I don't use the croutons? Gluten and I are not friends.

@Bex953172 - Good job pampering yourself!

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    My brain is so fried. Any prompts for my List-of-Five for today's blog posts?

Bueller? Bueller? ;D
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    missheidi wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 , my fitbit used to have a vibrating alarm that would wake me up pretty well.

That would work if I wore my Fitbit at night. :D Which I don't: all jewelry, watch, etc. has to be off at bedtime, actually as soon as I'm home for the evening usually. I'm just funny that way. :#

lots of people are like that. I can't wear my watch at night because i break out in a couple days. but if I take my rings off, i worry that i will lose them.

I tried sleeping with my Fitbit but I wasn't sleeping well with it on. Then when I'd check Fitbit results it would post that I'd woken numerous times.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I figure the first baby step is to actually get up without hitting snooze... Bex, I won't hear it if I move it too far away. I keep the volume pretty low because I try not to wake my husband up with it since he's retired.

:)

I was the same way - I wouldn't even hear the alarm! We tend to stay up late, so for me to get up at even 7:30 was very hard, especially since we don't get to bed much before midnight or 1am (and I rarely can sleep at nite). Going to bed earlier did not work either ... because we couldn't get to sleep, and since hubby is a late nite person, we were both just tired. Hubby didn't want me to even set a alarm because then it woke him up. But ... I did it anyhow. It actually took me about 2 weeks, and I found I was waking up before the alarm even went off. But .... it also is so easy to just fall back asleep, so I don't want to lose this habit. Now though, it has become a habit of mine to get to the gym, and the days I don't go, I truly miss it. So keep doing what you are doing ..... you will be surprised how quickly this can become a habit. Even just the getting up part .... and sit and have a nice cup of coffee in the quiet. Once warmer temps get here ... you will love that nice walk in the quietness of the morning!

I think the quiet time to myself to wake up in the morning would be lovely, actually. Since my husband retired, I have no alone time anymore. I agree, also, that I think I would love a nice walk in the quietness of the morning. When you say it like that, it really makes me want to do it even more! It's just getting away from that darn Snooze button. I'm going to keep working on it until it does become a habit!

I do not have a clock next to my bed anymore. I don't have one in the room that I can see at all. I found that if I woke up and saw what time it was, I couldn't get back to sleep. If it was 4:30 or anywhere near time to get up, I could not fall back asleep. I'd lay there thinking "If I fall back to sleep RIGHT NOW, I'll still get xx more hours of sleep..." It was horrible, especially when I was so stressed. that's why I use the phone now on quiet. I fall back to sleep easily now because I tell myself it's only midnight... LOL! See how easily I can fool my own brain?
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Forgot to weigh this am. Will do tomorrow.

Drink water-64oz min.
    Track all my meals today.
    30 min walk with dog today. Need to work up to a linger distance.
    Read today's Simple Abundance.
    Afternoon, meditate 25 mins.
    Stay out of kitchen this evening.
    10pm bedtime-still struggling.
    Work towards getting out the door at 5am for a walk. Baby steps!

• clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    @missheidi - hope you like this.

French onion soup recipe
    50g butter
    1 stick celery
    1 carrot
    6 large onions
    1 red chilli pepper

Fry above until onions gorgeously brown/caramelised.

1 beef stock cube - make up 1-1.5 litre stock depending on strength/how much you want, and add to the fried vegetables. Cook for a few mins.

Makes at least 4 servings.

Not for you but others may want to cut a slice of bread into cubes, coat and fry in a tbsp of olive oil and then grate 25g of cheddar cheese on top of croutons.

Yum.

Less than 400 calories a serving (including the cheesy croutons!)
  • missheidi
    @clairelouisey , that sounds amazing....
  • DRBuchholz
    DRBuchholz Posts: 55 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Day 5:I rode the stationary bike but no stretch time. I did meet my water goal and all other goals.
    I have stayed well within my calorie and nutritional intake. Several days MFP has said I'm not eating enough. But I am not hungry so it's difficult for me to force myself to eat.

I've found that when I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, I'm super full and mfp tells me I didn't eat enough either. The breakfast should help.
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Thanks all for the ideas. I’ve been so exhausted with stress from work, that the idea of coming home and doing exercise is just too daunting. Maybe I should try some stretching or yoga to start. I used to use you tube for step aerobics and even dragged my step up out of the basement, but it’s just staring at me in the corner of my bedroom.

Report Wed 1/10
    Fast til noon :)
    Walk in between meetings at work. :/ Got about 5 k steps, some walking while in between meetings, but I had a lot of meetings.
    Log calories :)

JFT 1/11
    Fast til noon
    Use my standing desk STANDING
    Log calories
    10min of exercise? I need to build up.