JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• Siennacita
    Siennacita Posts: 67 Member
    JFT (Tuesday) goals

Log ALL of my foods
    35 minutes on elliptical
    Complete weight training circuit
    Drink 48 oz straight water (this is a huge increase for me).
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    1. log all food :)

JFT, Tues
    1. evaluate everything I put in my mouth - since no gym today, watch calories
    2. put a RED glass in the bathroom and the kitchen to remind myself to grab a glass of water each time I go in there. Goal = 8 glasses of water
    3. log all food
    4. brush and floss my teeth after dinner to keep me from snacking
    5. finish putting together quilt top
    6. start on more chemo hats
    7. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable

You guys are all doing so great!! I love all the new members - a big welcome! And I just love reading all the goals, and how you guys have overcome bad habits and turn them into good habits. I havent had time to read all the responses today, but will try to later. But thank you all! This is going to be our year!

Joan: I keep a 1 cup glass on my island as a visual to remind me to get a cup of water each time I go in---otherwise, I'm like you with the pitcher in the fridge, out of sight out of mind. Your RED glass really kicks it up a notch---it's screaming, "See me! See me!" Love it. Something else I've done for the last two days: I keep another one cup glass next to where I sit the most. I may sip it on it slowly but it eventually empties and voila! another cup done!

Also, I so appreciate your encouraging words and welcome to the group. So glad you did this. And I do feel like we are a group! It's going to be exciting to see where we all are in December.

Peace and joy!

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    1. Log everything. Only eat what's actually IN the daggum diary.

I hate having to dial my goals back, but I'm hungry ALL the damned time, and while 1.5 lb/week OUGHT to be sustainable at my current weight (it's < 1%, right?) I just can't seem to make it work.

One thing you may want to consider is the amount of fiber and protein you are getting. My nurse practitioner has preached to me about having protein with every meal and snack, and it does make a difference in how full I feel. Also, for me, fiber helps me feel full, especially when I'm combining with my water intake. Just some thoughts.

Glad your dad is getting checked. Hugs to you!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    I just had a great idea. For all of you guys trying to make water goals, every time you read the word water when you are reading the forums here, take a drink. I wonder how much we would drink.

@chemjenny Can you share your recipe for Lentil soup?

@junodog1 Good luck tomorrow. You can do it!

Had a pretty good day yesterday. I made all my goals. Woot.

So JFT (Monday)
    1. 13K steps,  17K
    2. Video for Amazing race Nope, did it this am instead.
    3. 5 bottles of water  Easily
    4. 5 fruits/veggies  Yep, and prepped a bunch to bring to work.
    5. Log everything  Yep
    6. 100 minutes exercise  105 minutes woot
    7. Be under calories If I count exercise calories easily, if none counted 60 in the red. I am a happy camper with this. 

JFT (Tuesday)

13k Steps
    10 cups water
    Amazing Race arms
    Stay in the green
    Laundry folded and put away
    No refined sugar (this is going to be so hard.)
    100 Minutes exercise (half way there)

I think I’d abuse that idea and just post water every 20 mins until you all drowned yourselves hahaha! :lol:
    1. Log everything. Only eat what's actually IN the daggum diary.

I hate having to dial my goals back, but I'm hungry ALL the damned time, and while 1.5 lb/week OUGHT to be sustainable at my current weight (it's < 1%, right?) I just can't seem to make it work.

One thing you may want to consider is the amount of fiber and protein you are getting. My nurse practitioner has preached to me about having protein with every meal and snack, and it does make a difference in how full I feel. Also, for me, fiber helps me feel full, especially when I'm combining with my water intake. Just some thoughts.

Glad your dad is getting checked. Hugs to you!

When I first started, I was like this, SO hungry, so I tried a couple of other foods and after a few weeks I figured out which foods kept me fuller for longer! Or I chose lower calorie foods so I could eat more of it lol

Try a bit of experimenting and you’ll see which foods work for you and which will soon leave you hungry after!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    junodog1 wrote: »
    junodog1 wrote: »

JFT - Monday
    • Get up & do barn chores
    • Be at office by 8
    • Try to be home by 8 - miserable failure. it is 2:00 am and I am just now leaving this office.
    • Eat mindfully laughs hysterically
    • Drink water more laughter
    • Take two breaks - walk the mile loop each time - nope and nope.

My son called me today and asked if I could go over and watch his wife and the baby as she may have the flu. So that really screwed up my plans. But I got to spend some nice time with them.

I will be tired tomorrow (today) so I just have one JFT Tuesday
    • Get to bed by 10:30 so I will be well rested on Wednesday - the first day of my new job.

"laughs hysterically" - You made me laugh out loud at my desk over that one!

Good luck at your new job! Exciting! I am LOVING mine!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »

The prenatal massage was a huge blessing :joy: My muscles are much happier now!! Also, my Kodiak Power Muffins worked well.....when I woke up during the night, I ate one and drank some propel. (I did this twice.) This morning I'm feeling much better!! I guess I've reached the point where this little guy needs snacks throughout the night :lol: Well, I'm looking forward to the day today, hopefully it will be productive and positive!!

What are Kodiak Power Muffins? Something you buy or something you baked? I'm intrigued.... :)