350+ pounds Support for Men & Women

Options

Replies

• meldwel
    meldwel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Melissa and this is my second try at this. I was on MFP early last year and lost about 34lbs to be at 319. Well I gained it all back plus some and started this time at 364. I am currently at 352 and while I am happy that i am losing, I feel so bummed that i was way past that last year. I'm trying not to live in the past lol, but hopefully I will stick with it this time and sail right by 319 and keep going!! My husband has been on the journey for quite a while now and has lost 60 lbs. We are doing this together!! ALL OF US!! I'm going to try and search for the group that has been mentioned. :)
  • stormtheworld
    stormtheworld Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I have been reading through everyone's post and thought I should introduce myself. My name is Chris and I started on MFP at the end of September 2017. At my heaviest I was 357 with my doctor suggesting gastric bypass as an option for losing weight. I want to avoid surgery at all costs, but it gave me the motivation I needed to starting using my brain and lose this weight. After just over 4 months I am down 55lbs and still have a long way to go (although I am excited to almost see my weight starting with a 2!) My husband started to lose with me after seeing what 2 months of loss could be. We have starting walking more with the hope to both move from the morbidly obese category (he started at 400 and is down 46 lbs in 3 months) it just overweight for the first time in our adult lives. Good Luck everyone and this group has shown me it is never to late to get back on track
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hey newbies! Come find our group, lots going on in there and all very supportive too.
  • AndreaGotThis
    AndreaGotThis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Andrea, and I am 52 years old. I am currently around 415 lbs and today is the day I am starting over again. About 3 years ago I connected with a very supportive bariatric team, including a fantastic nutritionist, and lost 180 lbs following a low carb/high protein diet in a pretty fast amount of time. Unfortunately, I had some unrelated health issues, stopped going to the support meetings, and gained just about all of the weight back in the blink of an eye. So, here I am. I am looking forward to your support and friendship. I know a huge amount of low carb info thanks to my mentor Mary. And I just moved to Sanford, NC from Long Island, NY and I don't know a single soul here. So if anyone is from this area, please reach out! Thanks!
  • zensakura
    zensakura Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! My name is Heather and I'm going to be 40 years old in less than a week. I have struggled with weight issues for essentially my entire life. At my highest, I reached approximately 325 pounds (not 350+, but pretty close). I am now down to 267.2 pounds. I still have a long way to go, but I am proud of the progress I have made so far. It's nice to know that I'm not alone on this journey. :smile:
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Welcome new people!! Gonna bump this up so people can find us!
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    Hey welcome to the new folk and here’s hoping more new people find us!
  • BIGFNROB
    BIGFNROB Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Hello I started at 375 that was 2015 I got down to 295 then I went to Disney in june of 2017 and that one week destroyed everything. So I went back up to 340 and the beginning of 2018 I got back on track and now I'm 324.I lost a ok amount of inches not so many pounds yet. Im still trying to work on my diet.And my goal weight is 275-280
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Hi, @BIGFNROB ! Well, if you only gained back up to 340 but started at 375, I wouldn't say everything was destroyed - your new starting point was still lower!Congrats on losing the 16 lbs already - sounds like you definitely are back on track! Best of luck to you - I'm a year into this myself, but whoever said just doing something for 30 days would form a new habit obviously didn't know anything about me, because its still a battle sometimes :)

You'll make it!
  • stacysevey
    stacysevey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hey I'm Stacy, 32 and from west michigan. here I am...starting again, this time at 342 (way closer to 350 than I ever wanted). one week in and I'm feeling good about it.

I'm trying a low carb, high protein, not quite keto approach. i love carbs (and all food) too much. I'm terrible about exercise (no gyms near me, and can't afford it anyway) I do like to walk but michigan winters don't always make that very easy... I did get a fit bit and am (im)patiently waiting for my dirt road to dry out.

I'm looking to add friends to help hold myself accountable. feel free to add me if interested.
  • Mellykay88
    Options
    @stacysevey Welcome! You’ve come to the right place. This is such a wonderfully supportive group from all walks of life and with lots of experience starting over again. Hop on over to our group that I linked a few posts up. We have lots of interesting conversations over there
  • JayLu2017214
    JayLu2017214 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dee from the UK. I'm at 348, highest 363. Not having the best time at the moment - life in all other aspects is wonderful but food issues and binging are a massive black cloud over everything.
    I decided to actually log back in to MFP, and check out the community I'd been avoiding and there you all were right on the front page of motivation & support - serendipity
  • itstime2loseit
    itstime2loseit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I’m here...again. I’ve done this all before and lost close to 50lbs but life happened and a baby and now I’m just over it..again! And now with two kids (a 5yr old & a 4m old) pulling me every which way I’ve been hit with the fact it’s time for mama to drop some squish! Lol add me if you like, I’m trying my damn hardest to keep logging and eating better. Exercise is little to none atm, it’s Iowa and it’s winter so exercise other then walking is just hard..it’s also made me realize it’s now or never! I’m not and unhappy fat person, quite the opposite but I can’t keep carrying around this much weight! Good luck all looking forward to some motivation buddies!
  • Mellykay88
    Options
    @JayLu2017214 @itstime2loseit Welcome!!! I’m sending you guys a friend request.
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've come to join this party, too.

My highest weight was 321. I have been logging here since 2/1 and my current weight is 304. I basically went from 220 to 320 in about a year and a half. Like everyone else I'm sure, I am so uncomfortable all the time it's crazy. There's the pain going up the stairs, of course. The inability to just reach down and tie my own freaking shoes. Having to stop and rest just walking through the darned mall with my daughter. Life is just so hard at this weight.

Over my lifetime, I have probably lost and regained almost my whole body weight. The most I ever lost at once was 80 lbs and that was when I was still young and I didn't even really work at it. Since them I have lost 50 pounds and gained 50 lbs or more over and and over. It's time to end the cycle. I just want to be comfortable in my own skin again.
  • cassie9393
    cassie9393 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @MzCara148 hi and welcome! Your intro resonated with me... I think you're right that most in this group have gone through the cycle. Another member posted a while back a meme that said, "Losing weight is hard. Being overweight is hard. Choose your hard." It is definitely not easy to carry around the extra weight, but we're all trying to get healthier here, and there are some great motivational threads in the group along with fantastic people in here cheering each other on. :)
  • iamabeetle
    iamabeetle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey :) my name is Stephanie and I currently weigh 178kg (392lb) but used to weigh 243kg (535lb). I'm 38 and live in Australia. I am mother of 4, a student and work part time in customer service. My story is long but inspiring. The short version - I had lap band in 2010 and lost 65kg (143lb) but then had to have the band replaced in 2012 and I ended up back at 211kg (465lb). For the last 6 years I have been hovering between 190kg (418lb) and 200kg (440lb) but woke up at the end of October last year and decided that I have had enough of living like this and have been losing weight ever since. My lap band is broken again and is not functional when (and if) I have surgery again. I've been losing weight through diet and exercise and am feeling amazing. I have lost around 23kg (50lb) since the end of October. I'd love to have some more friends who know the struggles that I do. Due to my excessive weight loss, I require a tummy tuck and will hopefully be having that in the next 2 months as the excess skin weights around 20kg (44lb). This surgery will change my life and assist me in my mobility therefore helping me increase the amount of exercise I can do. Anyone is welcome to add me if they'd like to :)
  • CassieBinTC
    CassieBinTC Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I think I am working my way back. I finally went back to the gym last night. My knee is killing me now but I did 48 minutes of cardio...... which is not bad with nearly 2 months off since my accident. I seem to be having tons of knee problems now. I am not sure if I have over compensated with my legs since my accident.

As of this morning I have lost 91 pounds.

I am so happy to see everyone is using this post and the board as a great tool to help everyone which is what my intentions were.

How is everyone doing? I will hop over to the board right now too. Much love to everyone.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    fatoldladyonamission Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Welcome new folks! Come join the group, it’s fab! We have a really lovely group of people so please do come on over! Nice to have you on board and feel free to add me for support if you’d like to.
  • giigiiboo
    giigiiboo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do I join?