fitness trackers

Looking to purchase a fitness tracker for 2018--any recommendations? I used to have a Jawbone UP--and felt like it did as it was intended but looking for more. Anybody have any pro's or con's for trackers??

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I use a Garmin Fenix because I want to know about changes to my VO2max as they happen, because offline maps are important to me, and because it works with my power meter.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    I've had Fitbits in the past, always crapped out on me after a year. Just got a Garmin Vivoactive 3 for Christmas.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Just started with a Fenx3. Not cheap, but cheaper than @NorthCascades :)

But what do you want to see from a tracker?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Dc raimaker (google it) does really good reviews and you can use his comparison chart to compare across brands and models.

What "more" do you want from yours? That will help alot with recomendations.

Garmin does a bit better w gps and waterproofing it seems than fitbit. Dont know much about the jawbones but it seems like they are falling behind on capabilities compared to other companies. Polar has some options as well. Misfit is a brand geared more towards basic tracking, affordability, and appearance. Lots ofbthe smartwatch makers are going more fitness capable too so apple and samsung may be something to consider.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    I have a Garmin fenix 5x, a Suunto Ambit 3 Peak, and a Polar V800.

Are you looking for something with advanced fitness features?

Do some research, and watch a bunch of YouTube reviews.

Also CES 2018 should yield some new devices.
  • thinbybday
    thinbybday Posts: 32 Member
    bchg1rl wrote: »
    Looking to purchase a fitness tracker for 2018--any recommendations? I used to have a Jawbone UP--and felt like it did as it was intended but looking for more. Anybody have any pro's or con's for trackers??

I had a Jawbone Up2 that I loved, but it eventually broke. I had the skinny silicone band kind.

This Thanksgiving, I got a ring that does heart rate, sleep, and steps. I absolutely love it.

Motiv https://mymotiv.com/design