Help: Food ideas for weight gain, suggestions?

I need some food ideas for weight gain, 3,000 calories a day! I’m trying to gain at least 7-10 pounds by February. Not sure if it’s possible but I’m going to try... is that even healthy. I have no clue what I’m doing. Any suggestions?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited January 2018
    its doubtful you will be able to gain that much, and if you do it will be pure fat. is that what you want?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read
  • jasminelampley94
    jasminelampley94 Posts: 6 Member
    Perfect article thank you! Yeah at this point I just want the weight even if it’s just fat and then start to build muscle once I get the fat... is that a realistic plan in your opinion? Not really sure what I’m doing
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited January 2018
    Perfect article thank you! Yeah at this point I just want the weight even if it’s just fat and then start to build muscle once I get the fat... is that a realistic plan in your opinion? Not really sure what I’m doing

No it doesn't work well that way. You want to gain muscle and fat at the same time, otherwise you will gain all fat, then when you want to build muscle, you will be putting on muscle and more fat which is not a great plan body composition wise. ***

Set your goals to gain 0.5lb per week. You can go for 1lb but you will increase your chances of fat gain that way (as a woman) but it's up to you. Also follow a progressive lifting program so that some of what you gain will actually be muscle. See this link for a list of programs community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

***The obvious exception would be if you are severely underweight and working with a doctor or team who discourage exercise until you gain more weight (just wanted to add that in)
  • jasminelampley94
    jasminelampley94 Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    What others said. And remember, muscle gains favor the lean. So you are more likely in a prime position to reduce fat gains.

And as much as people say they are fine with fat, they never are after it happens..