Transitioning

Options
How much did you gain when you went from losing to naintsining

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Nothing - the point of transitioning is to adjust to your new weight range.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    3-5 Lbs of water weight probably...but hard to tell...body weight isn't a static number...maintenance is a range, not an exact number.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Since hitting maintainance Sept. 25th, I've lost 7.5lbs.

I had a hard time eating at maintainance, then I realized that the MFP number wasn't high enough. Adjusting from eating 1200 calories to 2000 calories has been interesting. Been maintaining within 3lbs since late November.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain anything when I transitioned to maintenance. I have actually had a hard time reaching my maintenance calories. Apparently my maintenance number is higher than what mfp tells me to eat.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    3-4 pounds of glycogen and water weight is considered normal.
  • shan_reg
    shan_reg Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    2. I feel full for the first time in my life. In fact, eating 2500 cals/day of nutrient-dense food is actually difficult. I was probably eating more than that before I started losing but it was all empty calories that didn't fill me up.

AGREED - 2500 calories of good food makes it really hard to eat that much.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    cnjg420 wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    cnjg420 wrote: »
    I ask because my maintance and lose .5 pounds a week are the same 1200 I upped my calories to 1400 a day and gained 1.5 pounds in a week so I’m not sure where to go from here thanks for the help

Be patient - don't make rapid or frequent changes to your calorie goal of you will be totally confused by normal daily/weekly/monthly fluctuations.
    Give each change time to settle down. There's no rush - maintenance has no time limit.
    Look for the trend, ignore the dips and spikes.

So when do I take notice?

As a woman and with the caveat that you aren't seeing a quick and steady loss or gain then probably monthly.
    But there's a big element of "it depends".
    My calorie intake and exercise output is very varied for example which prompts bigger, but expected, fluctuations. If someone else eats the same level every day, exercises moderately then their personal fluctuation range might be smaller.
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Gained none but slowly lost some weight.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    None. I just basically stopped losing because I was losing less than 0.5 per week at the end.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I upped my intake slowly so didn't see any so called gain.
  • KiddPerry
    KiddPerry Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When you are in a caloric deficit for a while, your metabolism slows down a bit. Keep your calories at 1400, your metabolism will begin to speed up...give yourself a solid 10-12 days and you will see it balance out. After you are back at the desired weight, add more calories in, continue to do this until you find your new caloric maintenance.

I struggled with this, and after 2 months I am still adding more calories in and maintaining why weight. 1250 calories was my low and I am at 2000 calories on non lifting days and 2200 calories on lifting days. I am 5 foot 4 and 116 lbs.

Good Luck!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    None. I just basically stopped losing because I was losing less than 0.5 per week at the end.

Woo to your woo whoever that was!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options

Woo to your woo whoever that was!

It wasn't me cos I hate that darn woo button, its a much misunderstood button!...although in your case the woo was obviously meant as woohoo :smiley:
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I lost another 7 pounds until i figured out the right maintenance number for me