Hi, new clean eater

Hi everyone, my name is Debbie. I have resolved to eat more cleanly this year and get fitter. I am a vegetarian but do have occasional fish like salmon. I need help as not entirely sure what I am doing! :D

Replies

• Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 73 Member
    Hi Debbie. I'm trying to eat better and get fitter this year too! Also a vegetarian. Just trying to choose foods that are less processed but fail when it comes to things that I like, like chocolate!
  • EPmomdoc
    EPmomdoc Posts: 27 Member
    Me too- am on day 12 of no processesd food have lost 3 pds which is something tho it’s been a challenge been tracking daily
    Two more days till phase 3 of state ofcslim
    I did have a glass of wine and really miss my chocolate
  • cfsalter
    cfsalter Posts: 1 Member
    Back on the wagon as of tomorrow. I'm going back to the Whole 30 plan which is a great guide to clean eating. RX Bars are good for those who miss their chocolate...
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    cfsalter wrote: »
    Back on the wagon as of tomorrow. I'm going back to the Whole 30 plan which is a great guide to clean eating. RX Bars are good for those who miss their chocolate...

What are RX bars?
  • SwissHausfrau
    SwissHausfrau Posts: 83 Member
    iowalinda wrote: »
    cfsalter wrote: »

What are RX bars?

I have no idea either - what are they ?? Isn't it better to have a small square of high quality chocolate ? thats what I usually do If I need a choc fix.... but I do live in Switzerland so we have really good chocolate.... :)
  • EPmomdoc
    EPmomdoc Posts: 27 Member
    What are Rx bars
  • Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 73 Member
    I’ve never heard of RX bars in the UK but now I want one. Whatever they are!
  • LaurelE2015
    LaurelE2015 Posts: 214 Member
    sq1mcg3o1n7d.jpg

Here is a pic of one flavour. There are a bunch with almonds and two with peanuts. I will post a few other pics to show the nutrients etc.
  • LaurelE2015
    edited January 2018
    Back of RX bar.
  • LaurelE2015
    uy6ishctwx58.jpg
  • LaurelE2015
    edited January 2018
    This one tastes decent and has no aftertaste. It isn't exactly a decadent peanut butter/ chocolate experience, but it does the job. I can't vouch for the almond-based ones, as almonds don't agree with me.
  • SwissHausfrau
    SwissHausfrau Posts: 83 Member
    For those calories I’d rather have a square of Lindt choc....
  • Laurahenson29
    Laurahenson29 Posts: 54 Member
    I've been on the clean diet since August, 2017. I've lost 22 pounds in 5 months. Occasionally I will have processed foods, but its like once every other month if that. I am lucky enough to be a housewife and have the ability to cook everything myself and grocery shop for the fresh, organic produce daily/every other day.
    I'm also part of an organic farm share program where I get fresh organic produce fresh from the farm every Saturday. I recommend it to anyone who has it in their area. We have a lot of farm land in South West Florida so I get really good stuff.
    As far as that sugar craving, I eat grapes. It works for me. I am on a "no chocolate till Valentines day" personal challenge. So far, so good.