Faster cardio or not, what’s your opinion!

124»

Replies

• Fatmansyndrome
    Fatmansyndrome Posts: 59 Member
    edited January 2018
    OMG I'm drunk read it wrong. Or maybe I didn't. If your doing cardio or something along those lines to burn calories to lose weight fasted is fine low instensity is your friend so do what u want probably not a big difference but if it helps you mentally then great. But if your actually doing cardio for conditioning fasted is the dumbest idea ever...dumbest idea ever....stupidity really..
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    erickirb wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Fasted, not fasted.. It really does not make a huge difference. I'd typically like to at the very least sip some BCAA's while doing my cardio.

BCAAs dont really help.

I mean you could take straight Leucine, which helps maintain muscle mass. No one really wants to sacrifice muscle mass, really do cardio to minimize body fat. So I would recommend at least taking 1 to 2 servings of Leucine while doing cardio.

Cardio in an of itself is not going to catabolize your muscles unless you are not fueling yourself enough or getting enough protein (Too large of a deficit and inadequate protein) or not doing proper strength training.

No need to major in the minors.

BCAA's or just Leucine will not hurt, and the risk vs reward factor is on its side. I mean cardio for me is a must, 4 days a week, 130 minutes, always after my weight training. So my glycogen levels are most likely fully depleted after an hour push, pull, or legs workout. So I really believe that it's a great idea to supplement with Leucine or a BCAA product, to be on the safe side. This is a muscle building forum, so the goal is to make gains.

no- it's a weight gaining and body building.
    which isn't directly muscle building necessarily.

just to be clear ;)
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Fasted, not fasted.. It really does not make a huge difference. I'd typically like to at the very least sip some BCAA's while doing my cardio.

BCAAs dont really help.

I mean you could take straight Leucine, which helps maintain muscle mass. No one really wants to sacrifice muscle mass, really do cardio to minimize body fat. So I would recommend at least taking 1 to 2 servings of Leucine while doing cardio.

Cardio in an of itself is not going to catabolize your muscles unless you are not fueling yourself enough or getting enough protein (Too large of a deficit and inadequate protein) or not doing proper strength training.

No need to major in the minors.

BCAA's or just Leucine will not hurt, and the risk vs reward factor is on its side. I mean cardio for me is a must, 4 days a week, 130 minutes, always after my weight training. So my glycogen levels are most likely fully depleted after an hour push, pull, or legs workout. So I really believe that it's a great idea to supplement with Leucine or a BCAA product, to be on the safe side. This is a muscle building forum, so the goal is to make gains.

130 minutes of cardio when you are trying to gain muscle seems like a huge waste of calories, spending it on cardio instead of growth? Unless you are bulking while training for an endurance event, that amount of cardio seems counter productive to your goals.

I'm in a 500+ caloric surplus a day, goal is to get bigger but minimize body fat as much as possible.

why are you doing so much cardio if you're trying to gain?