Fitbit not syncing steps?

Options
usmcahump
usmcahump Posts: 2 Member
Is anyone's fitbit STILL not syncing steps all day...UA record app has the correct info but mfp still doesn't

Replies

• usmcahump
    usmcahump Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    After all day it is now working within minutes of this post, go figure
  • shearnerve
    shearnerve Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mine is not syncing at all says device not found This is after I downloaded a new update
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    shearnerve wrote: »
    Mine is not syncing at all says device not found This is after I downloaded a new update

Well, that's not anything to do with MFP or syncing between accounts as you'll generally find discussed on MFP.

That's device syncing to whatever it is you are syncing to, phone or computer.

Hope you are using Fitbit's troubleshooting system online and forums too, or actually mostly.
  • jstraw5798
    jstraw5798 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been unable to get my Fitbit to any with MFP for days. I’ve tried linking and disconnecting the account several times. Any tips? I’m new to this.
  • heybales
    Options
    jstraw5798 wrote: »
    I have been unable to get my Fitbit to any with MFP for days. I’ve tried linking and disconnecting the account several times. Any tips? I’m new to this.

Are steps showing up on MFP?
    Are meals showing up on Fitbit?

Did you select an MFP app option for Step Source to be Fitbit?
  • coughlan81
    coughlan81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi you said
    "Did you select an MFP app option for Step Source to be Fitbit?"
    I am new to this and dont know where to start. how do i do this please?
    Many thanks Claire

• fcooley89
    fcooley89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't Synced since before Christmas. I know it isn't FitBit's problem because it's synced with my other aps without any issues.
    Steps aren't moving from FitBit to MFP & calories in aren't moving from MFP to FitBit. I've had both for a long time, not a new user so not sure why they stopped or how to fix it. I've reinstalled both aps.
    It's frustrating because I find maintenance hard enough at the best of times!
  • heybales
    Options
    coughlan81 wrote: »
    Hi you said
    "Did you select an MFP app option for Step Source to be Fitbit?"
    I am new to this and dont know where to start. how do i do this please?
    Many thanks Claire

In the MFP app settings.

I don't use the app since it is prone to causing sync issues, and wouldn't be useful during the day since I don't sync the device until at home anyway. So I can't help with exact location.

But it's good to explore anyway - seems that's how most apps are made - gotta explore to see what there is.
  • heybales
    Options
    fcooley89 wrote: »
    Mine hasn't Synced since before Christmas. I know it isn't FitBit's problem because it's synced with my other aps without any issues.
    Steps aren't moving from FitBit to MFP & calories in aren't moving from MFP to FitBit. I've had both for a long time, not a new user so not sure why they stopped or how to fix it. I've reinstalled both aps.
    It's frustrating because I find maintenance hard enough at the best of times!

Reinstalling both apps is meaningless really - as the apps don't talk to each other.

Each app talks to an app server.

An app server talks to the account server.

The account servers talk to each other.

There are instructions in the FAQ in the stickies as how to unregister account syncing, to redo it.
    Just confirm you have exited out of both apps before you start - and use the web interface to your actual account to do the work.
  • v_ludwig
    v_ludwig Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    mine was syncing until this week. Now its not
  • suzmarie95765
    suzmarie95765 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve had the same problem multiple times over the years I’ve had Fitbit’s. I have to go in and Re do everything on both fitbit and myfitnesspal pal from the website not the app. That will usually work. Disallow sharing and remove the apps from each other and start over. That’s the only thing that’s worked fo me. Make sure you’re on the websites and not the app!