Best weight gain shakes

What are people opinions on what the best weight gain shake is? Something that doesn’t taste too bad and doesn’t bloat too much

Replies

• Try MASS JYM or just make your own weight gainer. Milk or water, protein powder, peanut butter, almonds, bananas, honey, cinnamon, whatever you can think of and blend it up
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    More food.
  • kfischer1018
    kfischer1018 Posts: 37 Member
    Back when I was in high school and started to have problems with my esophagus my gastro recommended Ensure Plus. They have 350 calories each. Two a day, an easy 700 calories extra! They also now have the Ensure Enliven which are also 350 calories but have 20 grams of protein as well. Most of the flavors aren't actually that bad but I found they had to be ice cold to taste their best! The chocolate was definitely my favorite, closely followed by the strawberry. Mixing them together is also delicious! And I liked that they were easy to find, no specialty stores required, just a trip over to the meal replacement section in the grocery store.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Milkshakes.
  • Davidsdottir
    Milkshakes.

Oooohhhh...I do love me a good milkshake! With a bacon cheeseburger and fries.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I make my own with bananas, frozen mangos, full fat Greek yogurt, whey protein, nut butter, milk. You can even add ice cream.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Milkshakes.

We have a little mom-n-pop place that puts a whole piece of pie in their milkshakes. You wanna talk weight gain!!!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Milkshakes.

We have a little mom-n-pop place that puts a whole piece of pie in their milkshakes. You wanna talk weight gain!!!

I am drooling over this. I got to try :tongue:
  • Davidsdottir
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Milkshakes.

I am drooling over this. I got to try :tongue:

Field trip!
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited January 2018
    I make my own, 2 scoops of whey, 1 cup of oats, 1 cup of spinach (I got the frozen one, but you can use fresh, this also optional, you can leave out spinach if you want, I can assure you that you won't taste it and you get your micronutrients), 1 banana, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1 cup of milk, a few ice cubes.You get 1000 calories in one shake and it tastes good.
  • JAYxMSxPES
    JAYxMSxPES Posts: 193 Member
    edited January 2018
    Trail mix. Cheaper, easier to consume, easier on your gut (generally speaking). Depending on your store and the bags they sell, you might get a bag that is a tad over 1,000 calories so it makes it easy to portion out and consume over the course of a day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    The one with the most calories. Make your own. Put banana, avocado and coconut milk in it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Davidsdottir
    Now I want a milkshake.
  • From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Agree with some above posts, your best bet is to make your own. Use protein/carb powder, full fat milk(if you can), peanut/almond butter, oats, granola, fruits, spinach/kale, basically anything you can stand to mix together in a blender. Cheaper and probably healthier and will taste better than any options you can buy.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Add 1/4 cup of your preferred oil (canola/vegetable/olive?) to your milkshake.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    I go to GNC and look for the highest calorie whey protein powder they have. ( When I'm bulking) and then I use 5+6 tablespoons of peanut butter and a banana. It comes out to around 800-1000 calories and is thick and yummy!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited January 2018
    I missed the milkshakes? Are there anymore? :'(

OP, seriously, if you are actually still around, there is no reason to buy a gainer from the stores. Those are useless as weight gainer and actually work better as a weight loss shake if you cut them to a single scoop you'll find they are pretty similar to the diet shakes they sell at pharmacies, only they are cheaper for similar calories and nutrients.

Eat more food and if you want a weight gain shake then you can easily make your own that will be better in everyway. Some of the posts here provide a pretty good start.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    This might not be weight gain but damn is it good!

Root Beer Whey Float
    3-scoops vanilla whey
    1 can root beer
    some ice
    blend but use a gentle surge type blending it can foam up pretty bad
  • Davidsdottir
    Okiludy wrote: »
    This might not be weight gain but damn is it good!

Root Beer Whey Float
    3-scoops vanilla whey
    1 can root beer
    some ice
    blend but use a gentle surge type blending it can foam up pretty bad

Made with Not Your Father's Root Beer? ;)