Does anyone else find it hard to meet a partner that shares your passion of maintenance

Maybe I am odd, I actually am LOL, but I have had real trouble meeting women that share my passion of nutrition and weightlifting. I do live on a small town, so that might not help, but most of the women I meet just want to eat crap food and watch tv.

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    I have a few friends into the lifestyle, but most have always been in shape. I was one 410lns, so my body and mind is different than theirs. Online dating? Never tried it. I met my now ex wife the old fashioned way. One of the reasons we split was the fact I got tired of being huge! Lol
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I have a few friends into the lifestyle, but most have always been in shape. I was one 410lns, so my body and mind is different than theirs. Online dating? Never tried it. I met my now ex wife the old fashioned way. One of the reasons we split was the fact I got tired of being huge! Lol

Try online dating. Really.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Lol, I met my husband years ago, and we were both already overweight for many years before that so a shared "passion of maintenance" is not exactly stop priority.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You might have stumbled across a paradox (that isn't a paradox) - successful maintainers, people who are genuinely interested in nutrition, and exercise because they like it, aren't likely to flaunt it - for them, it's normal daily life, and no big deal. If you lift somewhere outside your home, look for women there.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    In your area, are there any fitness-related clubs you can join? Hiking, cycling, or skiing clubs? You are more likely to meet like-minded people there.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I agree it would be great to have partner who shared the same mindset for health and wellness. Keep looking, she’s out there. She may not be maintaining per se, but she cares about her body and what she puts in it.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    You might have stumbled across a paradox (that isn't a paradox) - successful maintainers, people who are genuinely interested in nutrition, and exercise because they like it, aren't likely to flaunt it - for them, it's normal daily life, and no big deal. If you lift somewhere outside your home, look for women there.

What I was thinking.

I'm into fitness, I suppose. I train for and run half marathons.

On dating sites? I avoid any guy who is all "i'm into fitness! I lift! I live in the gym!"

I do *not* want my romantic or dating life to be exclusively about fitness, and having dated someone who *was* all about that, it's a phase of my life that I do not need to repeat. I don't want to be with someone who is going to get all judgey pants if I decide I want to sit and knit all day, or if it's cold, and I don't *want* to leave the house.

I understand what you are saying, but what I have learned is, when you are with someone who does not share your common interests, it makes life harder. Nothing wrong with sitting and knitting all day if that is what you want to do. Lol. Life does not have to revolve around just one thing.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member

What I was thinking.

I'm into fitness, I suppose. I train for and run half marathons.

On dating sites? I avoid any guy who is all "i'm into fitness! I lift! I live in the gym!"

I do *not* want my romantic or dating life to be exclusively about fitness, and having dated someone who *was* all about that, it's a phase of my life that I do not need to repeat. I don't want to be with someone who is going to get all judgey pants if I decide I want to sit and knit all day, or if it's cold, and I don't *want* to leave the house.

Well usually people post about their love for travelling, their cats or whatever passion, why is it wrong for someone to write about their passion for fitness and nutrition?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    You know, there are fitness dating apps and sites you could try.