Sleeping side effects

Hi everyone, just a bit curious but shouldn't exercise and diet change actually be making me more tired? Because lately I've been struggling to fall asleep before 02:00 am

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Actually, I find I need less sleep, have more energy and am far less sluggish when I'm eating well and working out.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Actually, I find I need less sleep, have more energy and am far less sluggish when I'm eating well and working out.

all of this i sleep significantly less now and it keeps me awake and energized much longer...lol its rather annoying trying to stick to a 24 hour rotation now
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    late workouts (say, 8pm onwards) keep me jangling until way past bedtime, so that's a possibility too.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    What time do you get up?

How many hours are you sleeping?

I sleep 7.5 hours each night and I'm never normally tired.
  • speedingticket
    speedingticket Posts: 73 Member
    What time do you exercise? If I exercise late, I feel wired for quite a few hours after. If I've done less than a couple hours exercise in the day, I don't notice a difference. If I've done more than that, then I am usually more tired and like a little extra sleep sometimes.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    If you workout your body takes time to cool down so some people, especially when they start working out, will have issues if they workout later in the day. If it's an issue change the time of day but a lot tend to get used to it and have no issues getting to sleep. If you are doing intensive cardio I would recommend doing it before 8pm and see how that works.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,942 Member
    When I was younger I liked to stay up till 2AM, too. As long as you're getting enough sleep, I don't think bedtime is that relevant.

Are you drinking a lot of caffeine or alcohol? That can mess with sleep.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Are you taking a preworkout? Not uncommon for people that do late in the day to not sleep easy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png