Thin mints

Options

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    40 cals for a cookie isn’t bad at all. I don’t really like thin mints, but if I did I could easily fit 4 or 5 in my calories.

Have you seen how tiny these cookies are?
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Girl Guide (equivalent of Girl Scout) cookies in Australia SUCK:

Girl_Guides_Traditional_2015_rewind_MOCKS.jpg

They're just little round pucks of sugar and sadness.

They also come in gluten free sadness.

We have the exact equivalent here in the US:

fosn690iwzsn.jpeg

bigd8p69vxq5.jpeg

Are they the saddest flavour?

I personally don’t think so. But I’m a fan of shortbread cookies so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    40 cals for a cookie isn’t bad at all. I don’t really like thin mints, but if I did I could easily fit 4 or 5 in my calories.

Yes. I think it’s pretty on par for 40 cals a pop. 40 cals is really low. And I don’t think they’re that teeny tiny. It’s not like a cookie for ants or something.
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

Yes. I think it’s pretty on par for 40 cals a pop. 40 cals is really low. And I don’t think they’re that teeny tiny. It’s not like a cookie for ants or something.

We will have to agree to disagree
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but until they sell Dare Maple Leaf Cremes (to be quickly dipped in hot, strong, black coffee) there is no good Scout/Guide cookie ;)
    North_America_-_Maple_Leaf.jpg?ts=1507794064&host=www.trytreats.com
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Sorry, but until they sell Dare Maple Leaf Cremes (to be quickly dipped in hot, strong, black coffee) there is no good Scout/Guide cookie ;)

Never heard of these. They sound yummy!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    1. Have a maintenance calorie day and move on.
    2. You could divide the box up equally among family members. Sounds like you maybe have a family of 5 so that would limit how much you got to deal with to about 6 not a whole box. Put them in a baggie with your name on it. Eat one every day or all at once and just move on.
    3. Remind yourself they are just cookies. Not really better than cookies on the grocery store shelf. You can get chocolate mint flavored things any day you want if you like that combo. Don't make them better or more rare in your head than they really are.
    4. Have 2 cookies and move on. I usually have 100-300 calories left for snacks each day so a couple of cookies would be fine. Plan some into your day tomorrow.
    5. Give them away. If your family can not consume them quick enough for it to not be a problem for you there are plenty of people who would take a box of cookies.
    6. Get something you like that is lower calorie or more worth the calories to you and don't feel deprived. I like to have a stash of dark chocolate kisses. They are about 21 calories each. I just let one melt slowly in my mouth and I don't need more. Maybe there is something like that for you.
    7. You are just starting. Look at your goal. Are you restricting unnecessarily low? Some people choose the 2 lb per week goal when 1 lb or even .5 lb would be more reasonable. Maybe faster loss will be harder to sustain long term and a slower loss would be more livable. If your goal isn't too aggressive maybe you want to increase your activity to get some more calories to work with. Along the same lines, have you cut a lot of foods from your diet? Maybe don't do that and just make smaller changes over time.

I realize I say move on several times in this post. It is because I think it is important to learn to not let these things be so big in your head. You don't have to be a perfect dieter every day to lose and maintain weight. There will be cookies, birthday's, anniversaries, holidays, vacations. If most days of the year you are sticking to your goal it isn't a very big deal to have a higher calorie day now and then. Just get back to normal.

Don't get stuck on thinking other people can eat whatever they want and never gain weight. Anyone would gain weight if they were consistently eating more calories than they needed to maintain their weight. If they are younger, bigger, male, more active they just need more calories than a smaller, older, more sedentary or female person might. Don't compare to people who have very different calorie needs and feel it is unfair. You could spin it that you are the one who can get by on less food.

A lot of this is probably just changing your thinking.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »

Yeah, those are pretty delicious
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I always find nibbling on a dark chocolate mint thin (After Eight's) is very satisfying. But I usually reserve 200 calories for daily treats anyway so its no biggie. :smiley:
  • weightforme8134
    weightforme8134 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat them! Buy you guys are right I can have some if it's important to me just have to work them in. I like the idea of putting a few in a separate bah for me :)
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am ordering my girl scout cookies now. Thanks for letting me know it is girl scout cookie time. I endulge in one box and order my kids one box each. Just enough to get my fix for the year. Enjoy everyone!
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I found out you can "order" cookies but have them donated to the troops. It's a way to support Girl Scouts without having cookies around. I'm all for eating what fits in your calories but have a hard time with self control with cookies.
  • Jingsi84
    Jingsi84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'd sell my left leg for some thin mints and samoas.

This.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This reminds me I have leftover Girl Scout cookies in the pantry from last year and I just ordered more *facepalm*
    Thin mints are the best but I actually like trefoils (shortbread) too. And samoas. And the lemony ones. I get tagalongs for my husband :)

As long as you log what you eat I think it's ok?
  • pennyjean75
    pennyjean75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    One little cookie is not really a problem. The problem lies in the reality that I never eat just one. The moment I put one in my mouth, I become like a shark in a feeding frenzy. Before I realize what's happened, I've eaten half a box. Stupid, delicious cookies.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    Look at your calories over the week, then fitting in cookies on one day, isn't really that big of a problem!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I buy them and then wrap the serving sizes individually in saran wrap. I can rationalize the calories and the $4/box better if they last longer!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Oh, man. I just placed my order. They need to hurry up and get here! I'm totally making a couple of GSC fit in my day, every day, until they are gone!

I also donated 2 boxes to the military troops. :)
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    Look at your calories over the week, then fitting in cookies on one day, isn't really that big of a problem!

One time I did that. I calculated how many calories was in an entire sleeve. And I planned one Sunday afternoon to have that sleeve of cookies for my lunch and snack while I watched a movie. LOL.
  • Ekoth1017
    Ekoth1017 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mmmm I love thin mints! So good frozen.