Rant, angry and depressed

Hey everyone,
I started maintaince back in august 2016 at 152lbs. I was ok with it at that time. During the summers of 2017, I randomly lost weight and my range became 147-150lbs. Due to some personal issues I didn’t control what i ate and now back at 152lbs. I sm angry at myself that Why I couldn’t maintain it. Secondly, I am constantly in a fear i might gain all what i have lost because of this. Should i worry this much and try to lose. I go to college and it’s kinda hard to lose their. Though I have started exercise and my normal diet again.

Ps.
I look fine to me

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    If you're happy with how you look, then perhaps you're okay with your maintenance weight range including 152. There's nothing wrong with re-evaluating your maintenance range. However, if you want to lose back to your previous weight range, you can go back to a calorie deficit for a little while. Gaining a couple of pounds absolutely doesn't mean that you're going to gain it all back. It's just a time to evaluate how you want to handle the situation.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    If you're happy with how you look now then all is well :smile: you can keep an eye from now on and if you see your weight climb higher then you know the score and its back to eating at calorie deficit.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    You have done fantastically well. We all bobble around a bit - a lot of salt and you can go up and down five pounds. It can be hard to maintain weight at college (I'm a professor and I see that all the time). What you do have is lots of opportunities to walk. You will have to be careful about eating some munchies but not too many (my kids laugh because I can look at pretzels or potato chips and know exactly how many are in the small bowl I put them to eat out of. If you drink, look at calories - some beers are 400 calories and some are 150. Keep logging. You look good - keep at it.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,526 Member
    Not only are you maintaining within a tight 5lb range but as a college age student it is possible that you just finished growing...
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Just take that little bump as a reminder that you need to pay a bit more attention. A few weeks of making sure you are eating slightly below maintenance or a bit more exercise and you should be just fine.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    I was expecting something really drastic, judging from the thread title. I hope you have a good handle on the personal issues you've mentioned. Reach out for help, if you need it. Schools have counseling and even therapists sometimes, so use it if you feel that it's too much to deal with on your own. On your maintenance issues, I agree with most responses here, you've done a great job, and clearly handle this pretty well. If you feel like it's important, go into slight deficit, and you will lose those extra couple of pounds in no time. Try not to be so negative, you have tons of other stresses, I'm sure. You've got this, op.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,462 Member
    Two thoughts. Lots of folks lose a bit in the summer and gain a bit in the winter.

That said, is 152 your line in the sand? Don’t cross it. Instead of being angry and depressed, try determined. I think it’s wise to keep your guard up. Regaining is a never ending threat. Stay vigilant.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Yesterday I weighed 122.4. This morning I weighed 121 even. Weight fluctuates madly sometimes.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Semper perge pugnare!