Clothes size/ Has vanity sizing gone insane?

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Pkov123 wrote: »
    Lol ok um wow, well good goal weight for you, my chest has shrunk a lot.
    145 is a good weight! <3

When I had lost and gotten down to 170 lb, my boobage did not decrease. Although when I was 127 I was only at most a 34b cup LOL. Now I'm like a triple D 42 something like that
  • Pkov123
    Pkov123 Posts: 850 Member
    Your name is so funny cute lol
  • Pkov123
    To Wizzybeth, I wasn't trying to be mean
    Much luv <3
  • wizzybeth
    Your name is so funny cute lol

If you're talking to me... Thank you! That's a play on my middle name. That's how I used to tell people my middle name. Well actually it was "wizzabeff" but wizzybeth sounds a little better LOL
  • wizzybeth
    To Wizzybeth, I wasn't trying to be mean
    Much luv <3

Oh I didn't think so! (((Hugs)))
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    I haven't really noticed much difference overall based on my weight compared to my clothing size, although I find it interesting how we all wore a similar size at different weights! When I was 165 I was a size 14 (around 2012). Around college in '08 I was 111-115 and wore X-Smalls and a size 4 jeans. Now in the 120s I wear Smalls and size 8 jeans. There is definitely a difference in manufacturers and stores (I wear a bigger size at Forever 21 compared to the Women's department at Macy's, etc)
  • Pkov123
    Ok well my bras are loose, yay! I like to be almost flat honestly. My 42d bra is loose am I'm 270 something
  • obryanh
    obryanh Posts: 10 Member
    Girl I could not agree more. I am a size 0 in certain clothes but when I look in the mirror I'm honestly like "b****, where?" LOL! I do agree though that it depends on how weight is distributed. I have a thin waist but a very "healthy" butt and set of legs so if you only saw me below the waist (sorry if that sounds weird haha) you would think I was like a 6-8. Bodies are weird and I've just accepted that fact. :P and yes, I can relate about the anxiety attacks as a sufferer of them myself. Sorry about that and hope you're feeling better <3
  • Pkov123
    I haven't really noticed much difference overall based on my weight compared to my clothing size, although I find it interesting how we all wore a similar size at different weights! When I was 165 I was a size 14 (around 2012). Around college in '08 I was 111-115 and wore X-Smalls and a size 4 jeans. Now in the 120s I wear Smalls and size 8 jeans. There is definitely a difference in manufacturers and stores (I wear a bigger size at Forever 21 compared to the Women's department at Macy's, etc)

That's cool
  • Pkov123
    obryanh wrote: »
    Girl I could not agree more. I am a size 0 in certain clothes but when I look in the mirror I'm honestly like "b****, where?" LOL! I do agree though that it depends on how weight is distributed. I have a thin waist but a very "healthy" butt and set of legs so if you only saw me below the waist (sorry if that sounds weird haha) you would think I was like a 6-8. Bodies are weird and I've just accepted that fact. :P and yes, I can relate about the anxiety attacks as a sufferer of them myself. Sorry about that and hope you're feeling better <3
    Thanks you are funny
  • Pkov123
    To obryanh, you kind of look like Lauren Jauregui..,, lol
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    I guess I haven't noticed it much. When I was junior/senior in high school 10 years ago I weighed almost exactly what I weight now and wore the exact same sizes that I wear right now. 170 and an 8/10. Across multiple brands, stores, cuts, many of them the same as I wore back then (I still own some of the pants from before I gained weight so I tried them on). Looking at photos my body looks very similar to how it did then.

I think it does have to do with how the weight is distributed. I've always had strong and lean legs but they are big. Because they are strong. So I'll likely never get too much smaller in that area. My chest is a bit larger now. I was probably a 32D in high school and now I'm a 34DDD.

When I was 280 I could still wear a size 20 comfortably.
  • Pkov123

Your username so pretty
  • blondeandfeistyAF13
    blondeandfeistyAF13 Posts: 1,587 Member
    I am 5'3, and currently 163lbs . . . and right now it really depends on the brand of clothing that I am buying. In Jeans for example:

Size 6 in Express
    Size 3/4 in Silver Jeans
    Size 3/4 in Vigoss
    Size 8 (28) in BKE Jeans (from the Buckle)
    Size 10 (29) in Gap
    Size 6 in Old Navy

Like someone else mentioned it really does matter how your weight is distributed, and your body fat percentage, etc
  • Pkov123
    To be honest my bra size is real small for my weight, it's probs like 38d
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    I'm roughly 220 and sitting in size 14 pants from Torrid. Looked on the LOFT web site today and I'd be hard pressed to fit into an 18 there, based on their size charts. It varies from brand to brand significantly.
  • Pkov123
    I am 5'3, and currently 163lbs . . . and right now it really depends on the brand of clothing that I am buying. In Jeans for example:

Size 6 in Express
    Size 3/4 in Silver Jeans
    Size 3/4 in Vigoss
    Size 8 (28) in BKE Jeans (from the Buckle)
    Size 10 (29) in Gap
    Size 6 in Old Navy

So u r size 6 basically at 163! Wow that's good tho
  • Pkov123
    To danibadgley, that is my goal weight kinda
  • Pkov123
    We r taking my grandma to hospital cuz she sprain her hip I'm trying to be calm
  • Pkov123
    Can one of you message me plz thx