Joined MFP 5 years ago... burn out

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Are you being treated for the depression?

Do you work, out of curiosity?
  • radam3355
    radam3355 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for your thread here. That's real inspiration for someone who has just started weight loss program.
  • pattyhouse1970
    pattyhouse1970 Posts: 51 Member
    I've only been at this for a year and I'm burnt out. I have days where I do well, but I have a lot of days where I'm like...where are the M&Ms?!

But I still love working out. Jogging as become a new favorite of mine. I'm in the best shape of my life. I honestly do not believe I was this fit in high school. And for that alone, I keep going. About 7 years ago, I had lost 20 pounds and then gained 30 back. In 2017 I lost all of that plus another 15. I still have 10 to go to meet my goal.

I've learned to like foods that I've always hated in the past. (I am also not a cook...I hate cooking.) I've changed my mentality from I'm doing this to lose weight to I'm doing this to be healthy and live longer. Do I have that mentality every day? Ha! Hardly.

I chew a lot of gum and drink a lot more water than I have in years past.

I keep going because I love buying smaller clothes. I love Loving myself and how I now look. I'm the same weight as I was when I married my husband 19 years ago, but my body is actually smaller. This is what I want to keep. This is why I keep going no matter how tired I am of tracking my foods. And I know for me, tracking my food is something I'm going to have to do forever if I want to maintain what I have accomplished.

Good Luck with your journey. :)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    I think you are summing up why it's very hard to maintain weight loss in the long-term if you are only concentrating on requirements to maintain. I don't worry about maintaining much anymore, rarely count calories unless I see the weight creep up a bit, and enjoy a variety of activities. I couldn't imagine just trying to maintain the weight for years on end through diet.

Is there any activities that you enjoy that you could do that would help keep the weight off? If you have to struggle daily I don't see it getting much better so I would strongly recommend turning it around to how you can enjoy a healthy lifestyle rather than a maintenance only lifestyle.

Best wishes.