Does anyone have any suggestions on flattening your stomach in a month

Options

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose belly fat is to do it in generally. Not sure your situation but you'll lose a certain amount as you go along based on age, sex, genetics etc. I'm not sure for women, but for guys we tend to lose 1" around the mid section for every 5-10lbs we lose as a rough estimate. Visceral fat is actually about the fastest to lose in the body since it's actually meant to be a quick energy source. The subcutaneous belly fat isn't as easy to lose so it will depend on your mix of visceral to subcutaneous fat on how fast you can lose it.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weight?
    How much weight did you gain?
    How long did it take you to gain it?
    Did you do any exercise during your weight gain?

As stated above generally getting a flat stomach takes more than a month unless you are already pretty close to that. The only way to make really noticeable changes over a short term is to ensure you get adequate fiber, water, and fats as well as avoiding foods that might make you bloat.

Not sure why someone would woo this (I have my guess as to who). I'm seeking more information.

Maybe the OP is technically underweight and was forced to gain weight from an ED recovery center/team. Maybe the OP is obese and thought they had to gain weight to add muscle before losing weight because someone said they would end up skin and bones.
    Maybe the OP is an aspiring bikini competitor and is planning on doing a show in a month and wants a crash diet.

Context is important to giving someone quality advice.

I went over this several times and don't get the woo either.

I got wooed responding to a hair washing thread.

I got wooed on that one too! For saying that people are confused about the woo button.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    You can try placing it in wax paper and putting in heavy books for several days. It works for flowers...
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weight?

As stated above generally getting a flat stomach takes more than a month unless you are already pretty close to that. The only way to make really noticeable changes over a short term is to ensure you get adequate fiber, water, and fats as well as avoiding foods that might make you bloat.

Not sure why someone would woo this (I have my guess as to who). I'm seeking more information.

Maybe the OP is technically underweight and was forced to gain weight from an ED recovery center/team. Maybe the OP is obese and thought they had to gain weight to add muscle before losing weight because someone said they would end up skin and bones.
    Maybe the OP is an aspiring bikini competitor and is planning on doing a show in a month and wants a crash diet.

I got wooed on that one too! For saying that people are confused about the woo button.

I think most people see it as a thumbs down button. I just came back to the forums recently and it wasn't around when I left. I really wonder what it is supposed to be for.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weight?

I think most people see it as a thumbs down button. I just came back to the forums recently and it wasn't around when I left. I really wonder what it is supposed to be for.

It's supposed to be woo as in no, sorry, that's not true it's a myth. But a lot of people say they think it means woo-hoo like a yay button.

The struggle is real.

Oh, and you can't spot reduce fat OP
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weight?

It's supposed to be woo as in no, sorry, that's not true it's a myth. But a lot of people say they think it means woo-hoo like a yay button.

The struggle is real.

The emoji beside the wording doesn't seem to mean "woo-hoo!" lol.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

The struggle is real.

I had no idea what the "woo" button meant either. Since it's positioned between the "like" and the "hug", i assumed it meant something good LOL :)

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weight?

The struggle is real.

Trust me, my shampoo advice was not "woo!"
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

Hold the phone... what the heck is a reaction point?!
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish Posts: 831 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sooo, that says they will do some update at a later date to make it clear what it means...very unhelpful as to some "word"/definition on what they mean. I would just use it however you'd like really since its not definitive what the heck it means.

I'd say a reaction point is another useless point of data that means nothing :) I think they are referring to some way of seeing how many of each of those silly reactions you get? Not sure why one would care :)
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    And unfortunately as to the topic, yeah 1 month isn't going to get the avg person far on getting a flat stomach or showing abs, it's all dependent on info you havent given: starting bodyfat and starting exercise lvls. Strength training and exercise repetition training do help but really, its 90% about how much body fat you have over the area. I sit down and do the whole stack for 20 rep sets on all the ab machines, did sets of 50, 100, worked to 500 at one point for situps, and still no showing abs. If I flex you can see where they are though, I just like to eat too much :) Meanwhile my skinny friend could do about 30 situps and he has abs...meh...
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited January 2018
    Options
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weight?

The struggle is real.

From what I've seen of your posts I would absolutely doubt that you would post woo. Do you have a link to that? Sounds like someone reading your post got a bug up their... err bee in their bonnet.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    And unfortunately as to the topic, yeah 1 month isn't going to get the avg person far on getting a flat stomach or showing abs, it's all dependent on info you havent given: starting bodyfat and starting exercise lvls. Strength training and exercise repetition training do help but really, its 90% about how much body fat you have over the area. I sit down and do the whole stack for 20 rep sets on all the ab machines, did sets of 50, 100, worked to 500 at one point for situps, and still no showing abs. If I flex you can see where they are though, I just like to eat too much :) Meanwhile my skinny friend could do about 30 situps and he has abs...meh...

Yeah, skinny guys just naturally have abs if they do any work. The saying is that abs are made in the kitchen because it's more about BF% than strength of the abs.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I flatten mine with a calorie deficit, lowish carbs, and a good poo.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weight?

The struggle is real.

I wouldn't worry about the woo's I get them all the time. I made a post with a link to lifting programs that apparently someone thought was "abuse" and flagged it. Sigh. Oh well.

Not sure if OP is going to come back and give us more info..
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weight?

The struggle is real.

I wouldn't worry about the woo's I get them all the time. I made a post with a link to lifting programs that apparently someone thought was "abuse" and flagged it. Sigh. Oh well.

Lifting can be self-abuse. :wink:
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weight?

The struggle is real.

Lifting can be self-abuse. :wink:

Hehe :D