Carb draaanks

Options
I need recommendations for a good carb source to take during my workouts to maintain glucose levels.

I was recently diagnosed with a fatty acid oxidization deficit which basically means when my glucose and glycogen storage is used up my body struggles to turn fat into energy (sucks, right?). What's worse is if I do burn through my glycogen storage, my muscles are starved of the energy they need and start breaking down leading to severe muscle damage. I have had rhabdomyolysis 3x in the last 1.5 years which is both incredibly miserable and super dangerous. The cure? CARBS!!!

My goals include weight loss and muscle building and have been successful in the gym in the past. I just need a consistent glucose source that is effective and can help prevent the huge rhabdo road block that brings all things to a halt.

TIA!- Keli

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Probably look into an energy gel, like Gu. Convenient to take to the gym and won't slosh around in your stomach.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I use a product called "HEED" by Hammer Nutrition. I like it at about 1/4 to 1/8 the recommended strength. They also market a Gel as well.