Options
2»

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Ugh, lost my post. Darn phone!

Glad you liked my post to Rye! I like yours too @jknight001

Yes! Sub salsa for bbq sauce. Piece of cake. Have made it before. Could throw in some black beans and frozen corn and have it on top of rice with some fixins. Taco bowls! Yummy! B)
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @Meghan509 Great idea! You could be a chef.

With my tablet, if I am posting and accidentally rotate the tablet, the orientation will change, my post goes poof and the MFP app will go back to the main Community page. MADDENING!!! I see that as an MFP app bug. :#
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    @jknight001 14x! Yay! It feels especially good, doesn’t it! ( got there just a couple weeks ago myself.). I felt like I had finally taken control of the weight to see that 4 in the center digit. I might lose more, but from then on it was truly vanity weight. Good for you!!!

@Meghan509 & @jknight001 - thanks for the encouraging words. You helped me a lot! My brain is playing games, and you reminded me I have some ‘feelings’ ( like pride and satisfaction) that I can fight back with. Thanks!

I love this board!

Up right now in middle of night with hot flash, and about ready to go back to bed, so I’ll be back later- first, let me just say I think you all are pretty wonderful and made a huge difference in helping me get this far and I sure hope I can do the same for some of you.

Be back soon - ( ignoring hot flashes, lol, today is my day to sleep in!!!).

• mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Awesome posts everyone!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations jknight!!! 140’s! Woohoo
    Yes those recipes sound good meg, my fam would try them but I would!
    Ryenday you’ve been doing awesome and to think you’ve been inspired by this board is so ironic be you yourself are inspiring to me!
    I gotta make some tea... not going in to see my mom today, it’s the Super Bowl, she said to stay home... I don’t even care about football but I usually make appies.. franks chicken wings & a veggie platter are on the menu so far...
    So mad at myself for stopping on the way home from hospital last night and was planning on a bottle water cause I was starving and parched! Bought a bag of peanut m&m’s... ate the whole thing on the way home! Urgh ! Well at least I didn’t buy two bags... I’ve been known to do that before!!!
    Ahhh... tea is calling, have a great day people! Go Eagles!
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi all this board is busy this week...yeay... so forgive me if i lose track. We (hubby and i) had a low day today as he is working 3 days away so was panicking about fitting it in lol so i was the supportive wife ha ha.
    I've taken a liking to dutch rye bread for breakfast, which is soft in texture and sweeter i top it with a little peanut butter and banana and it easily keeps hunger away til tea time.
    The weather was bright today so we took the kids (x3) and dogs to a pebble beach with great views. The kids had a picnic whilst we had a flask of tea to hug whist out in the wind. For dinner we had the cauliflower bake on this app with a sweet chilli mini meat patte's (like mini beef burgers) in lo dough again which was tasty for a low day.
    I'm craving chocolate mamainthekitchen my chosen delight will be galaxy tomorrow. I find mapping my day out with meals in advance and scheduling my treats in helps me stay away from refined sugars that i would usually pop in my mouth without thinking before now.
    I'm going to try that bbq chicken Meghan perhaps in a wrap/lo dough with salad or with rice and caulirice mix.
    Well done jknight i'm now in my 140's and bmi is happy again. I have a stone to go.
    I'm starting to try and think about how i will maintain my weight, receipes i will incorporate along with tricks and swaps i've learnt. I think i will use the 5:2 on a loose rotation to keep me on track. I never weighed myself you see so suddenly looked at myself when i had nothing that fitted thinking what happened...i knew what happened and i admit i enjoyed it!! However i realise it's from food being muchly associated with a treat, a break away (we have a touring caravan and it was a ritual to eat freely whilst on our regular mini hols buying in the bacon, the burgers, the croissants, biscuits and crisps and dip. It became too much as part of the hol to have a pasty or 3 course meal out) even a saturday night, a stint of bad luck. My nan passed away and i started thinking life is too short and feeling like we were living well, but as if increasing my food would be making it longer/healthier!? So i hope to remember this journey.
    What are other people's goals? Lessons to take forward? X
  • cdurston50523
    cdurston50523 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all is it ok to fast 2 days in a row? X
  • jknight001
    Options
    @sjgold123 - Thanks for sharing your story with us. Such a great thing to come to the end of ourselves and realize we need a new path because the current path is killing us. It is a true change of heart. Should serve you well as you transition into maintaining your weight. By the way, you may already know this - maintenance for 5:2 is doing one low day a week. So really one moves to a 5:1. Didn't know if that would work for you? I too am anticipating maintenance. Actually it scares me a bit because I was always pretty good t losing weight but not maintaining the loss. Haven't tried the 5:1. I think I will start there and see how it goes.

What is the meaning of "hols"?

@cdurston50523 - Yes, you can do a back to back but maybe not recommended because it can lead to binging due to hunger. You can give it a try and see how you do. I can imagine for some people and schedules it might work great.
  • sjgold123
    sjgold123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Jknight i didn't know you switch to 5:1 so thanks for that. I'm not there yet but at least i know how to step down. So my daily cals on a normal day are 1300-1600 but my TDEE is 1600-1800 so does this mean i can technically have more cals to play with? I would use that loosely with my mind set as i'm eating enough to be honest it just gives me a bit more margin for error or a pud if i want.
    Hols is Holiday... The meaning is to chill with family, have fun, get out and about coastal walks with the dogs, we are pretty active bike rides etc and not to cook as much, not do housework as much (hence in a caravan) and i suppose food does satisfy but i need to take the emphasis out of over indulgence of high fat/cal/refined sugar and see my fav healthy foods as treats. The main motivation is my family as knowing my children have cut back on sugar and i'm modeling good habits is a massive incentive to keep to it as a lifestyle change.
    I was only 1/2 stone out of bmi range so we know how to eat healthy but i have been eating when not hungry just habit/bored/treating incorrectly. I need to find actions to replace that happy/comforting feeling with food, i'm generally a happy person so habits just need to change.
  • jknight001
    Options
    @sjgold123 - Yes, you could increase your cals if you want. I think it all depends on how things are working for you now. My personal opinion is if I am constantly feeling deprived I won't be able to maintain it long term. But on the other hand the point is to lose weight., right? ;) I know you will figure it out for yourself. :)
  • cdurston50523
    cdurston50523 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks.