Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @donimfp- Big hug to you. Sorry to hear of this tragedy. Do not be too hard on yourself. We all have our struggles. Try to focus on the positive changes you have made. Overall, you are doing great!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    For those who plan to imbibe, but moderate, my hubs sent me this:
    https://www.realsimple.com/health/nutrition-diet/drinking-mindfully

Great article. Thanks for sharing. Every time I read those numbers about how many drinks women should aim to be under, I cringe, especially knowing I have a family history of dementia, breast cancer, and alcoholism. The trifecta of things to be aware of as I try to moderate my intake...
    Trifecta is right!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to a dry week. With birthday parties and the long weekend I strung together too many consecutive drinking days. I didn’t overindulge at all, but definitely need more dry days! Here’s to accountability
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    2_FitNFab wrote: »
    I need to join this group. Red wIne and weekend Margaritas are my weakness.

Welcome old friend
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 - I love your sister's philosophy. I tend to be an all or nothing person, and that's caused problems with my losing weight in the past. I think you're so right about taking pressure off. You haven't failed if you have a drink once in awhile, at least that's my point of view. The idea that you "can't" have one I think almost makes them more attractive and gives the idea more power.