WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited February 2018
    Barbie ~ Your are our hero!

Becca ~ You look beautiful in that photo. Your hair is pretty and you have a happy smile.

Sharon ~ I assume Courtney is your granddaughter. She sounds like one of our new generation of entitled individuals. Hope it all works out. Happy birthday to Keira.

Glad for a new month! There are no birthdays this month...Yeah! Well, there is Valentine's Day. I've already bought the grands a card to send.

Carol in GA

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Ann262 wrote: »
    Hi ladies! I am a 57 year old woman who would like to join up with you. I was here for a bit last year. The hard thing is keeping up with all the posts!

I am having a really hard time getting motivated to stay on track. My weight is at an all time high for me. I really want to turn that around! Sugar is my addiction!

Hi Ann!

I skim the posts and if something catches my eye, I'll comment. :) That's the only way I can keep up!

Machka in Oz
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Hello all! Happy February! Happy Thursday! I got all excited when I hopped on mfp and saw only 16 posts! lol then I remembered it was a new month and found Barbie's link to follow you all! Thanks Barbie!

Welcome new ladies! We are a chatty group; but the chatter keeps us sane. Think of it as friends meeting over a cup of coffee a few times a day! If the many posts seem overwhelming, feel free to skim. I think most of us do, at times.

Pip- L <3 VE the profile pic of you and Kirby! You know we love anything you post that has a pic of your adorable hubby!
    Wendy-So glad the surgery went well for your daughter! Yes, please let her know that she is still in our thoughts and we are sending love. lol I have an image in my brain of the SUPER supermoon being so big that it took out some trees and squashed the dog house!

Well, I am back to wearing the knee brace. Had a couple of knee straining incidents the other day with the kids, and pulled that knee muscle/ligament a bit. Knee swollen and sore today. :( So frustrating. So...my walking is taking a back seat, again, for a while. Back to RICE, (as much as possible with kids in the house). I will have to focus on making healthy food choices/aka sticking to my meal plan. I am pretty sure I will lose, if I do so, even without the exercise; it is just going to be at a slower rate for a while. But loss is loss, right?

January was my "get real" month as I finally weighed myself (found myself 10 lbs heavier than my last weigh in, pre-injury in November), got results back from my blood work (cholesterol and thyroid on the high level), and realized that I need to get my weight under control before I am in serious trouble. End of January brought my high protein, low carb meal plan back to the forefront and a three pound loss within two weeks of beginning. I will take that.

Goals for February: keep on with the food plan, keep on with becoming "less" in body- "more" in spirit! I can do this! I think I will begin a "leg free" strength training plan. Swimming is out again, but maybe the therapy pool? It is a warm pool (ick) but only about four feet deep, so I could do some cardio and movement...

Ah well, on we go! Kiddos arriving! One more day this week. My great nephew and niece are here. I love them, but it is quite obvious that they spend a LOT of time with mommy. Not socialized well aka a little on the spoiled side. I am glad they are only with me two more days! REally makes me appreciate those kiddos that are with me daily and have been given equal amounts of love and discipline. Whew! Exhausted this week!

Question for all- Menopause! For those of you that have been through it. Does your body still react emotionally, physically the way it did at the "time of the month"? I know you don't bleed monthly anymore; just wondering if you still go through the emotional swing when that "time" gets closer?

that's all for now! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Thank you Barbie for starting us off again!

Welcome to the new ladies.

I posted January results yesterday after I weighed in for the end of the month.

FEBRUARY goals:

1. Lose 3 lbs. I’m getting close to my goal so I’m expecting things to slow down. I will also be away from home several days at mealtime so I won’t be preparing as much of my food myself. I realize I still have control of what I put in my mouth, but sometimes your best estimate is off with hidden oil, etc sneaking in.

2. Close all rings on my watch every day.

3. Continue to stretch 3X a week

4. Continue to log every bite.

That’s all I’ve got! Happy February!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• sdjm62
    sdjm62 Posts: 72 Member
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    edited February 2018
    Machka you learn, get things done quicker with fewer mistakes, and perform better on tests if you get about 8 hours a night.
    I know you are under pressure. It sounds like a paradox sleep will help.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    Ann262 wrote: »
    Hi ladies! I am a 57 year old woman who would like to join up with you. I was here for a bit last year. The hard thing is keeping up with all the posts!

I am having a really hard time getting motivated to stay on track. My weight is at an all time high for me. I really want to turn that around! Sugar is my addiction!

:) Welcome, I hope you'll keep coming back. I found that regular participation in this thread increased my motivation--first because what everyone said and second because they recommended reading some books that helped my inclination to stay on track. Right now I'm reading "Thinner This Year".

<3 Barbie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    Started on this mid-January 2018. The nature of my job has me sitting in traffic for at least 2 hours each day, sitting in meetings and/or sitting while I write/review documents. It may not seem like much for some, but meeting my daily goal of 8K steps a day is a huge boaster. I purchased a fitbit Alta HR tracker and it helps keep me accountable and encourages me to take those extra steps each day. I've also been using Fitbit coach to get in daily workouts. It's hard to find the time to get to the gym and being on a treadmill bores me, but these 8-11 minute workouts provide enough variety and are short enough for me to get at least one round in each day. Again, it may not seem like much to others, but doing at least two push-ups a day is better than doing none, and helps me build up to more. I am looking forward to seeing where this year takes me.

:) Do you use your two hours a day to listen to podcasts or audio books? That could be a good time to listen to things that would improve your inclination to eat better and exercise. It sounds like you have a great plan already that fits in with your schedule. I hope you'll keep coming back and sharing your journey with us.

<3 Barbie
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Machka you learn, get things done quicker with fewer mistakes, and perform better on tests if you get about 8 hours a night.
    I know you are under pressure. It sounds like a paradox sleep will help.

Yeah, I know ... but this project is just so time consuming. The way R is set up, I can't even quickly type a bunch of code in notebook and copy & paste it in. Nor is it intuitive like some other languages I've used so I've got a pretty good idea if what I'm typing is right. It's one line at a time, and hope I get it right.

It has taken me all evening this evening to get about 6 lines of code. Now that did involve quite a bit of research because what I wanted to accomplish with those 6 lines of code was complicated.

However, it's 1 am, my data is finally set up the way I want it, and so I'm going to bed ... a bit earlier than any other night this week. :) Tomorrow evening after work, I'll do all the analysis of my data. I am too tired to do that tonight.

BTW - the last time I got 8 hours a night for more than maybe a night or two on a weekend was when we were on holiday in Canada last June/July. Most of my life I've figured I'm doing well if I can get 7 or maybe even 7.5 on a semi-regular basis for a few weeks, and I usually feel all right with that. :)

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Hello all! Happy February! Happy Thursday! I got all excited when I hopped on mfp and saw only 16 posts! lol then I remembered it was a new month and found Barbie's link to follow you all! Thanks Barbie!

Welcome new ladies! We are a chatty group; but the chatter keeps us sane. Think of it as friends meeting over a cup of coffee a few times a day! If the many posts seem overwhelming, feel free to skim. I think most of us do, at times.

Pip- L <3 VE the profile pic of you and Kirby! You know we love anything you post that has a pic of your adorable hubby!
    Wendy-So glad the surgery went well for your daughter! Yes, please let her know that she is still in our thoughts and we are sending love. lol I have an image in my brain of the SUPER supermoon being so big that it took out some trees and squashed the dog house!

Well, I am back to wearing the knee brace. Had a couple of knee straining incidents the other day with the kids, and pulled that knee muscle/ligament a bit. Knee swollen and sore today. :( So frustrating. So...my walking is taking a back seat, again, for a while. Back to RICE, (as much as possible with kids in the house). I will have to focus on making healthy food choices/aka sticking to my meal plan. I am pretty sure I will lose, if I do so, even without the exercise; it is just going to be at a slower rate for a while. But loss is loss, right?

January was my "get real" month as I finally weighed myself (found myself 10 lbs heavier than my last weigh in, pre-injury in November), got results back from my blood work (cholesterol and thyroid on the high level), and realized that I need to get my weight under control before I am in serious trouble. End of January brought my high protein, low carb meal plan back to the forefront and a three pound loss within two weeks of beginning. I will take that.

Goals for February: keep on with the food plan, keep on with becoming "less" in body- "more" in spirit! I can do this! I think I will begin a "leg free" strength training plan. Swimming is out again, but maybe the therapy pool? It is a warm pool (ick) but only about four feet deep, so I could do some cardio and movement...

Ah well, on we go! Kiddos arriving! One more day this week. My great nephew and niece are here. I love them, but it is quite obvious that they spend a LOT of time with mommy. Not socialized well aka a little on the spoiled side. I am glad they are only with me two more days! REally makes me appreciate those kiddos that are with me daily and have been given equal amounts of love and discipline. Whew! Exhausted this week!

Question for all- Menopause! For those of you that have been through it. Does your body still react emotionally, physically the way it did at the "time of the month"? I know you don't bleed monthly anymore; just wondering if you still go through the emotional swing when that "time" gets closer?

that's all for now! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Yeah I love that one too, even tho I was fatter then. That was at a New Year’s Eve function. I always dress him and do his hair, he’s my boy toy