Carb suggestions

Options
What suggestions do you have for carbs? I am eating 4000-4500 kcal daily and about 500g-550g of carbs. I eat much food as I can but sometimes is hard to reach because I don’t have so much time to eating. I drink pos workout apple juice and acai juice.
I am not worried about gain some fat now.
My weight is 220lb and I want to get back to my 235-240lb

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    What's your fat and protein goal? When I'm bulking I hit protein and then let fats and carbs fall wherever to fill in the last of the calories.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Dr. Pepper and Sour Patch Kids.

Sour Patch Kids FTW! I love the big kids.
  • KaduParga
    KaduParga Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha Dr. Pepper and Sour Patch Kids.
  • KaduParga
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    What's your fat and protein goal? When I'm bulking I hit protein and then let fats and carbs fall wherever to fill in the last of the calories.

Carbs - 50
    Protein -25
    Fat -25
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just read somewhere that milk was a good way to get those calories in. I'm actually thinking about going back to regular milk (away from cashew/almond) during my recomp just to change it up and get some other calories in. Popcorn is a good one. Eat a bag of that and you get 50 carbs and a decent amount of fiber. Bagels are another empty carb if that's what you're going for. Bagels are my jam. I could eat those every day if my waist line allowed.
  • KaduParga
    Options
    I just read somewhere that milk was a good way to get those calories in. I'm actually thinking about going back to regular milk (away from cashew/almond) during my recomp just to change it up and get some other calories in. Popcorn is a good one. Eat a bag of that and you get 50 carbs and a decent amount of fiber. Bagels are another empty carb if that's what you're going for. Bagels are my jam. I could eat those every day if my waist line allowed.

Thank you. Bagels I have every day. I like about popcorn. Thank you again
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    +1 for milk. Someone created the GOMAD protocol for a reason LOL
  • TayteHansen1992
    TayteHansen1992 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Karbolyn
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You could increase your fats a bit more to help out... but if you want more carbs my go-tos are:
    -Bread, toast, bagels
    -Pancakes, waffles
    -Pasta, rice, noodles
    -Sorbet
    -Fruit.. bananas, figs, grapes, mangoes, pineapples
    -Dried fruit (cherries, raisins, mango)
    -Candy, syrup, honey, jam
    -Sugary (kids) cereal
    -Juice
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for a long time- I can't really say I've ever heard of anyone struggling to reach a carb goal.

Damn.

team sour patch kids for the win.
    Milk- bagels cream cheese
    pasta
    quinoia
    ice cream
    cheese cake in your smoothies.
    cereal
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My suggestion...eat them. But seriously, with that many calories how easy do you find it to hit your carb totals?

If it's easy you can eat whatever you want, if it's hard stick to the calorific foods (many good suggestions already) such as

White bread and pastas
    white rice
    ice cream
    fruit juices
    chocolate

Oh, and don't discount the sour patch kids and other gummies for workout energy if you need it. It breaks down very quickly to glucose and is a great for fueling workouts.

If you are using a carb powder from the supplement stores ditch that and go for dextrose monohydrate, aka d-glucose, at your bulk store for a lot less money. It's usually sold as corn sugar. It's also available for next to nothing at wine kit stores.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I never go to the gym with out said sour patch kids.

Although I have do dissent from @usmcmp - I dislike the "big" kids- the sour to gummy ratio is off IMHO.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Although I have to dissent from @usmcmp - I dislike the "big" kids- the sour to gummy ratio is off IMHO.

Agreed. As much as I <3@usmcmp, she is WRONG on that one. :laugh:
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Although I have to dissent from @usmcmp - I dislike the "big" kids- the sour to gummy ratio is off IMHO.

I'll come to her defense on this one. The Sour Patch Teens are indeed the best.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Although I have do dissent from @usmcmp - I dislike the "big" kids- the sour to gummy ratio is off IMHO.

There's battle lines being drawn...

(You need to sing that!)

Are you Switzerland, @Wheelhouse15?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

There's battle lines being drawn...

(You need to sing that!)

Are you Switzerland, @Wheelhouse15?

No, I'm the arms dealer. :lol:

Gummy? ;)