Loosing weight

Options
Lost 4 pound in 1 month? Been doing treadmill every night for jhalf an ahour and clean eating for 1 month lot of my friends have lost alot more than 4 pound just seems to be taking so long i know im in impatient, but surely i should loose more?

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is a healthy weight loss do you weigh and log everything you eat/drink what is your calorie goal
  • chubbasophie1017
    chubbasophie1017 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes i log it ok im hoping if i keep going i will loose within 2 months.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose faster you can create a larger deficit. It should never be a mystery why you lost X amount of weight. It's math.
    To lose 1 lb per week you have to create a deficit of 3,500 calories per week.. that's just 500 calories less than maintenance per day. If your maintenance calories are 2,000, that means you've been eating a net 1,500 calories per day. Use the MFP goals, log your calories, log your exercise, and it won't be a mystery.
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    Im now 62.7kg i want to get to 55.2kg i have finally lost 1 pound within just over two weeks as i stayed at 63 for about 1 month and 2 weeks just seem to be taking so long, and i seem to loose motivation im hoping by summer il be bafk to normal what does people think i can be back to 55.2 by summer? Im still doing treadmill and eating clean x
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can realistically weigh 55.2 by summer this year. Because your rate of loss will only decrease as you lose weight. What does normal mean? How old were you last time you effortlessly maintained that weight? Exercise and eating clean still won't make much difference.
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    Normal back to what i was 55.2 last july i was 55 2kg and i gained thid weight end of august last year suddenly i put on stone anf a half? Why wont excercise and eating clean wont make a difference how else are u supposed to loosr weight?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    1lb a week is good going, well done. Forget about what others are doing, you do you. Keep going :smile:
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Normal back to what i was 55.2 last july i was 55 2kg and i gained thid weight end of august last year suddenly i put on stone anf a half?
    But how old were you? And did your environment/habits change?
    Why wont excercise and eating clean wont make a difference how else are u supposed to loosr weight?
    You lose weight through a sustained calorie deficit. Most of that deficit can be created through eating less. You can eat less eating anything. Clean eating can also mean anything. Exercise burns a few calories. It's easy to eat those back, especially if the exercise makes you more hungry or if you feel you've deserved a reward, and it's easy to be more sedentary on the daily if you're exhausted from exercise, or rely on exercise instead of being more active on the daily.
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    Im 23 and i did eat a bit of rubbish last year
  • kommodevaran
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Ok, that means you'll probably be able to go back to that weight, but not in a couple of months. The easiest is to just limit the amount of "rubbish", which you will have to do for the rest of your life anyway, if you want to stay that weight - that's why we're harping on patience.
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    So when u say not couple of months you mean more like a year
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You gained 21lbs so realistically it will be 1lb a week and even 0.5lb a week when it gets to the last few pounds so it will take the best part of 6 months to lose but the good news is that is a relatively short period of time in the grand scheme of things.
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    Okay thanks
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    I agree to the above - half a year sounds realistic.
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    Ok thankyou
  • FoodieMotion
    FoodieMotion Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It can help to make your diary public if you want advice with what you are eating and if you are logging your exercise. Are you eating back your exercise-earned calories?
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    So i have made my diary public yes can u see what i have had? If you look on yesterday and today