I no longer feel like the “fat girl” @ the gym (pics!)

SORRY- this is kind of lengthy.

I’m female, 5’11”, 6ft’ on a good day ;)
Starting weight: 249lbs
Current weight: 188lbs
Goal weight: whenever I feel like I’ve completed my journey to look like a snacc (between 160-175lbs I’m guessing)

Hey, the name’s Taylor and I’m freshly 26 years old. I’ve been consistently logging on MFP for over a year now, inconsistently for 3 years. I read these success stories posts every night before I go to bed. You all have been such inspirations for me, so a sincere thank you to anyone who has posted their own journey.
My journey began in the most cliché way possible...I GOT DUMPED. Revenge body, anyone? I had just turned 24. Funny enough, I was dumped on day 17 of my first ever Whole30. Whole30 + MyFitnessPal were the first tools in my tool belt for a healthy lifestyle. It matters what you put into your body, and how much of it. Food is fuel. So what did I do after getting dumped on day 17? I promptly ordered a Hawaiian pizza and lava cakes from Dominoes and ate THE ENTIRE THING. Pro tip: if you’re doing any kind of elimination diet, don’t shove a Hawaiian pizza and lava cakes into your face and expect to feel okay afterwards.
Fast forward 5 months and many tears and I’m living in the basement of my best friend’s parents house (don’t ask). Her little sister still lived at home and wanted to do a Whole30 with me. We planned and executed. I lost like 15 pounds?! She was also a collegiate volleyball player so I started to go to the gym with her. Everything was heavy and difficult. I started tracking religiously all of my food, and eating 80% Paleo diet (limited grains/legumes/dairy/booze made me FEEL good, but completely unnecessary to eliminate to lose fat/weight). I’m also 90% focused on cardio, specifically running. I wanted Forrest Gump level mileage.
It’s now 2017, I turn 25 and I’m feeling fabulous. I’m down to 215ish and people are starting to notice my progress (I’ve found that being tall that it’s less noticeably when you gain/lose weight). I get some confidence back and pursue my romantic feelings towards my best friend. We date for a hot min, I gain 7lbs *eyeroll*, he cheats on me...CUE REVENGE BODY ROUND TWO. I’m crushed. This one is worse because I have to work with him. One of my good friends recommends that I start lifting weights and doing HIIT instead of running my butt off. I use the app CCFIT/@cristinacapron’s workouts to do upper body/lower body/abs/full body workouts 4 days a week. Lifting + MyFitnessPal was AMAZING. The inches started melting off, as I was eating in a calorie deficit and lifting heavy. I decide to start counting my macros (IIFYM) and have seen even more results since then.
Fast forward to now, 2018. Just turned 26, down to 188lbs. It is true what people say, you unfortunately lose friends. But the friends you keep or gain are of the highest quality. I don’t go out to drink with my friends much anymore, we go for a walk in the park or go to the gym together. Then we make a big spread of food (leftovers, duh!). The discipline you learn from losing fat by counting your calories/macros also bleeds over into the rest of your life. Ive gotten two promotions at work since then, keep my apartment more organized (I DID move out of the basement LOL), prioritize and time manage, and cut the BS out. Now? I’m going back to school for dietetics and am going to be a certified personal trainer by summer. I don’t friend people on MFP bc I find it better to focus on my own stuff, but I do follow fitness journeys on my Instagram —> @tayrawr_92

And lastly ...
My tools for success:
-MyFitnessPal
-Whole30/Paleo recipes
-CCFIT (In the App Store)
-Planet Fitness (no, you can’t dead lift or anything like that because they just have Smith Machines BUT the facilities are clean, it’s inexpensive to join, REAL people surround you, friendly staff..I could go on)
-these Instagram accounts @nomnompaleo @nocrumbsleft @cristinacapron @jamessmithpt @jillchristinefit @emilyfrisella @ashnordman @gmalefit @stupideasypaleo @thetinytank @whole30recipes
-Pescience preworkout because I HATE MORNINGS (cotton candy is my fave)
-MyProtein protein powder (glazed donut + almond milk = THE BEST). I have such a hard time hitting my protein goals and this helps me supplement it. My family is vegetarian *shrug* which is fun when you’re Paleo-ish
-my Apple Watch. Quantifying your workout calories burned ACCURATELY. Get some kind of fitness tracker with a HRM on your body if you can.
-a scale + measuring tape. The combo is important. I weigh myself DAILY to monitor fluctuations and it’s incredibly helpful. Some months I don’t lose any weight but I’ll lose 3 inches? Make sure you use them together if you’re going to use a scale to monitor your progress.

TLDR; I have *kitten* taste in men. Calorie deficit is the only way to lose fat/weight. It truly is a lifestyle change and NOT a diet. Much love! - Taylorbn5jacy7cie6.jpeg
d3eclc6257f4.jpeg

Replies

• comittobethin
    comittobethin Posts: 42 Member
    Congrats!!! You look great :) Your story is inspiring because I am doing a similar diet and working out almost in the same manner 5 days of cardio/ 4 days of lifting. Keep up the great work!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Younger looking each year!
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Hey! Good job! I'm 5'10, 24 years young and at the CW as you, SW was a bit lower and I don't think I'll go as low as you for GW, I'm aiming at 170 :)
    Lost about 50lbs in 6 months, took a break,now almost 1 month back to lose those 18lbs left!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    congrats that's is amazing you look fabulous
  • heyitstayrawr
    heyitstayrawr Posts: 22 Member
    Congrats!!! You look great :) Your story is inspiring because I am doing a similar diet and working out almost in the same manner 5 days of cardio/ 4 days of lifting. Keep up the great work!!!

Thank you! That is a great split between cardio and lifting. Sending you all the good vibes! You got this!
    Hey! Good job! I'm 5'10, 24 years young and at the CW as you, SW was a bit lower and I don't think I'll go as low as you for GW, I'm aiming at 170 :)
    Lost about 50lbs in 6 months, took a break,now almost 1 month back to lose those 18lbs left!

WOW! Amazing work so far. You are on the home stretch sis. Cheering for you from St. Louis, MO! Yeah the goal weight is definitely a range. Just gotta see how I feel/look :) keep it up!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    love you you are amazing!
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member

Thank you! That is a great split between cardio and lifting. Sending you all the good vibes! You got this!

WOW! Amazing work so far. You are on the home stretch sis. Cheering for you from St. Louis, MO! Yeah the goal weight is definitely a range. Just gotta see how I feel/look :) keep it up!

Thanks ! So cool to see your progress, our body shapes seem similar too, I've posted pics in the success photo thread before already. I'll keep an eye out for you so we both reach the goal ! B)
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Thanks for sharing! You look amazing!
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Great story and great transformation!! :smiley:
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    you look amazing!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this! Its exactly what I needed. Im 5'10 and 215, I needed to see this inspirational post! it is possible ❤️
  • heyitstayrawr
    heyitstayrawr Posts: 22 Member
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    you look amazing!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this! Its exactly what I needed. Im 5'10 and 215, I needed to see this inspirational post! it is possible ❤️

Thank YOU! And hey look at you, so close to ONE-derland. Stay consistent, you got this.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    oh Snap. You're a tall glass of water. Look great.
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    That’s awesome!!! Somewhat similar story as the first time I lost weight I did tons of cardio now I’m lifting and doing HIIT and it’s awesome! I’ll definitely look at some of your instragram recs
  • Great work! Thanks for sharing your story and what you've learned/what worked for you.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Congrats you look great!!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Awesome transformation! Congrats on your amazing progress! By the way we have similar stats and I'm maintaining at your goal weight. I don't see this very often. :)

Good luck with reaching your goal!
  • kaspan
    kaspan Posts: 27 Member
    As a tall woman (5'10), I found this extremely inspirational. You look fantastic, great work and thank you for sharing your story!!
  • sjezip
    sjezip Posts: 25 Member
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!