Anyone accept a weight that wasn't their "ultimate goal"?

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I wonder if for many people that lower weight they give up on is really a proxy for being smaller and the real goal should shift to body composition. As an example, I'm 165 and 18% BF and my priority is now that BF as the goal and that's a mix of fat loss and muscle gain vs total weight loss.

Yes! I see a lot of people stuck with a number in mind from when they were younger and that number just may not be achievable anymore based upon their body composition. I believe it's must better to use BF%, measurements, pictures, etc. to go by rather than a number on a scale.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    I'm older & lost 48 lbs. I'm 148 & want to lose 10 more but I don't seem to be able to so I may stay where I'm at
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I wonder if 5'6" and 135 is like a weird, magic, impossible number. I see a lot of us are right around it. I'm between 5'5" and 5'6" and also struggle to hit 135. I maintain around 142 but in my head am still trying to be 135 (and have been for the last 10 years

Interesting... I'm 5'5" and goal was 135. I'm between 143 and 146. Can't seem to get that last 10 pounds off no matter what I do. I'm also 61 years old so my already icky metabolism (I have low thyroid) is pretty slow. Makes me feel better to know I'm not alone.

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    The last 10 or 20 pounds can be hard and take years. Having been under 200 for three years for the first time in 25 years I finally made health markers my 'goals'. Actually longevity is my health goal. :)

60 is my goal for triglycerides, HDL and Vit D (ng) levels. On last tests they were 83, 63 and 104ng. Google gives a lot of info from varied sources about how to change these levels in the direction that one may desire.

60 is just my personal objective since quality and quantity of life are key to me.

As I get older I want as few of things to track as possible should my family have to do more of my thinking on health matters.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    The last 10 or 20 pounds can be hard and take years. Having been under 200 for three years for the first time in 25 years I finally made health markers my 'goals'. Actually longevity is my health goal. :)

60 is my goal for triglycerides, HDL and Vit D (ng) levels. On last tests they were 83, 63 and 104ng. Google gives a lot of info from varied sources about how to change these levels in the direction that one may desire.

60 is just my personal objective since quality and quantity of life are key to me.

As I get older I want as few of things to track as possible should my family have to do more of my thinking on health matters.

Still within normal ranges.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    If I can get back to my profile pic weight again, I'll probably just maintain that and be happy :)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »

Still within normal ranges.

As is an IQ of 90-110 is in the normal range but many work to get it to 111+. :)

iqcomparisonsite.com/iqbasics.aspx

Fair enough. Lol