Skinny wrist syndrome!

2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    When I weighed 270+ pounds, I had 7.25" wrists.

Two and a half years later, I weigh 200 pounds and have lifted weights 3x/week very consistently over that time span. I still have 7.25" wrists.

Building forearm muscles is one thing - that's quite possible. Building wrist size? Not so much.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    OP, are you saying you have skinny wrists or that you have Marfan Syndrome? If you actually have Skinny Wrist Syndrome (Marfan) there are an entire host of issues associated with it and you really shouldn't be lifting unless you have been cleared and under medical supervision. Body Building is considered a "High Risk" activity for Marfan's patients.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    edited February 2018
    There are other things you can do that will increase forearm size besides lifting weights. Know what I sayin'. Since this is a public forum I will refrain.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited February 2018
    dhimaan wrote: »
    There are other things you can do that will increase forearm size besides lifting weights. Know what I sayin'. Since this is a public forum I will refrain.

Giggity

1249hi.jpg
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    When I weighed 270+ pounds, I had 7.25" wrists.

Two and a half years later, I weigh 200 pounds and have lifted weights 3x/week very consistently over that time span. I still have 7.25" wrists.

Building forearm muscles is one thing - that's quite possible. Building wrist size? Not so much.

Yea, it's not like there's much muscles (or any) at the wrist.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I have skinny wrists...as for a syndrome, never heard of it! Mine are skinny now because I'm lean...I like 'em :smiley:
  • BrianJohnson2015
    BrianJohnson2015 Posts: 68 Member
    Haha the syndrome was more of hyperbole than a condition. Just hate the bony looking wrist especially when my arms are growing. Don’t want to look unbalanced