Getting Started! Need help!

So I’m just getting started with this app. I chose “Gain Weight” so is that correct?
My Goal is: Basically I wanna lose body fat, (I don’t have much of it) but The main goal is I wanna gain muscle weight. Not fat. I’m planning to start going to the gym basically everyday. Or try to. Do some cardio. And then lift and workout my muscle groups. I just want to look better than I do now, like an aesthetic look. People always tell me Im skinny, etc. I’m 19 and 6’2 and weigh roughly 155lb
My life is busy with college and work. Sometimes i rarely eat breakfast because I don’t have time. But I’m going to try to motivate myself to eat way more than I currently do.
Please give me some tips and advice. Plus did I chose the right “gain weight” for my goal? Thank you!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Running your stats it appears you are at the low end of normal for BMI. Being that you are young and light I think it won't hurt anything to set your initial goal to gain weight.

First of all you're going to want to pick a program to follow.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Adding in cardio for general health is a good thing, but for all the cardio you do you will have to eat more calories.

Skipping breakfast isn't a big deal if you can meet your calorie goal by the end of the day. Selecting calorie dense choices is going to be important if you find you simply struggle to meet your gaining calorie goal.