Do you work out when on vacation ?

Options
124»

Replies

• olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I try. I went to the gym three times last week in Maui, and got about 15,000 steps every day.

I haven't done either since my return. Sigh.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    RunRun72 wrote: »
    thanks for all your help guys :) I've actually decided to take my mini stepper with me and use it 1 hr in the morning and 1 hr in the evening whilst watching TV ! What do you think ?

That sounds like a good idea to me. If I had one I would definitely use one in my hotel room.
  • BigRed2525
    BigRed2525 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Generally I just walk a whole lot more than usual. I love exploring new places on foot.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    thanks for all your help guys :) I've actually decided to take my mini stepper with me and use it 1 hr in the morning and 1 hr in the evening whilst watching TV ! What do you think ?

Where you're staying ... are there stairs? Does the hotel have more floors than just one? If so, leave the stepper at home and go climb stairs. Then do lots of walking, rent a bicycle, rent a kayak, hike a mountain, throw a Frisbee at the beach. Do some interesting and different things.

• Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Great idea @RunRun72!
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    If it will help keep you active I say go for it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I never watch tv on holiday...
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Not intentionally but i love to walk a lot on vacation lol
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options

Your decision, but why not just walk where you are, explore the area, see if you can find interesting places to take photos, or go swimming or anything else. It's your decision, but you can watch tv at home. Why not go out? There must be a reason why you went to this location.
  • RunRun72
    RunRun72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You've all made some good points , however I would like to point out that we went to this hotel just to relax. It is located a few miles from where we live.
  • mfpfreedomnow
    mfpfreedomnow Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do a regular room workout (5 to 6 times a week) of 100 squats, 100 heel raisers, 30 situps and pushups which can be done anywhere; so I do exercise on vacation. I especially like to add in a 2 mile jog 3 times a week whether or not on vacation, but vacation days allow me to jog more than I do when not on vacation.