Full body vs split training

Options
2»

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I do an upper/lower split. M/W/F upper, T/Th lower. It's not optimal for a beginner like me, however my primary consideration is that I don't want to be sore or tired on my weekend hikes, so it is what it is.
  • kazane1
    kazane1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    kazane1 wrote: »
    Essentially, more information about yourself, including goals and lifting experience, would help to answer this question.

So I’ve been lifting for about a year and a half now and my goals are to just keep getting bigger and stronger as much as I can really.

At that point, I'd move to an upper/lower split. That way you'll have move time to recover between lifts but still hit each muscle group more than once a week.

Okay thank you for your input
  • kazane1
    kazane1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    RichNY73 wrote: »
    I like to do every muscle twice a week right now,I don’t think you can hit each muscle enough doing a full body .

Yeahh see iv'e been doing split training for over a year now and I think I'm starting to think the same, I feel that I could be doing more effective training then my current split. that's why I wondered weather I should switch to full body 3 times a week or something.