Sedentary to fit??

Options
jaciejaciexoxo
jaciejaciexoxo Posts: 49 Member
Early-mid 2017 I was working out. I was glute/weight training 3-5 times a week with little cardio other than Hs PE 2-5x a wk since I suffer from chronic anemia. Even then I was pretty athletic/heaviest I’d ever been. I was eating in surplus & gaining muscle. Lately I haven’t been able to take as good care of my self or afford the gym. Ive been almost entirely sedentary for the past months. I went to my community gym for free to use there free weights but I got bad vertigo from only 3x10 65lbs squats. Goal= gain 20+ lbs but I’ve barely been eating since I only have a significant appetite when I work out which is probably part of why I feel so weak. Any tips on how to start out with training again or how to make my anemia better, or increase appetite?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to start slow... don't overdo anything or go crazy. Start with low weights or even the bar. See how you feel and increase from there. Your body will have muscle memory and you should see an increase faster than if you were starting from the beginning. I know this was true for me after I started lifting after pregnancy..I took it slow and then boom.. my strength came back pretty quickly.

Also if you are having issues eating enough, this thread should help with a list of calorie dense food and tips.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1