Circumferential Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck plus Butt/Thigh Lift) pics before & after

Options

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    My husband had the 3/4 round cut and it looks nowhere near as good as yours. He has massive scar tissue.

Is 3/4 all still for belly? Men don't usually have butt issues.

Yes, it was all belly. The cut was at the waistline.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, how tough was the recovery? You're already out and about 2 weeks post op, which is AWESOME! There doesn't appear to be a whole lot of swelling either!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, I’m considering the same and sent you a PM. Thank you for posting!!
  • aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look great! You had a good Dr. And what can I say about that BUTT. Looks like a 20 years Axx'S (Nice)
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Congrats on your weight loss and maintaining. Thank you for sharing your before and after surgery pics with us.
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    You look fantastic, I’m considering the same and sent you a PM. Thank you for posting!!

I didn't get a message from you--please try again!
  • Bavieca
    Bavieca Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    you look so amazing
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

dsboohead wrote: »
    You had an amazing doctor!

He would agree with you. He wasn't at all arrogant but at my consult he encouraged me to visit with other plastic surgeons. He said--"But you won't find a better one in this state (PA), well maybe in Philadelphia...No, not even there. But please go visit around." Lol.

I am VERY interested in your DRs info and the costs associated with the procedure. I'm in NJ but I don't mind taking a trip for great results. I'm not ready to get it done just yet, still working on my muscle fitness but I'd say by next year I'd like a consult and procedure. The saggy skin on my tummy is what kills me the most. I don't have the genetics of my mom so after 3 kids, it's just a disaster area.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    The change in your butt is AMAZING! So happy for you!
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    hrod215 wrote: »

He would agree with you. He wasn't at all arrogant but at my consult he encouraged me to visit with other plastic surgeons. He said--"But you won't find a better one in this state (PA), well maybe in Philadelphia...No, not even there. But please go visit around." Lol.

I am VERY interested in your DRs info and the costs associated with the procedure. I'm in NJ but I don't mind taking a trip for great results. I'm not ready to get it done just yet, still working on my muscle fitness but I'd say by next year I'd like a consult and procedure. The saggy skin on my tummy is what kills me the most. I don't have the genetics of my mom so after 3 kids, it's just a disaster area.

Send me a friend request. I think the PM system isn't working reliably right now.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and that butt! I have serious butt envy!!
  • Garnica2018
    Garnica2018 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

I wanted to share what feels like my final hurdle in this LONG journey. I lost 130 lbs in 2.5 years. I maintained for about 9 months, then went ahead with the cosmetic surgery to solve the "drippy candle" effect of the loose skin.

First some background:
    Age 51
    5'8"
    SW 302
    FW 170

My before and after pics BEFORE surgery:

nxwmj650bf2h.jpg

I look okay with my clothes on, but had very saggy skin underneath. I was actually bothered more by my butt than my stomach. When I would run, it felt like water balloons slapping against my back side. Just gross. That is why I chose the circumferential (goes all the way around) abdominoplasty, instead of the standard tummy tuck that is just in the front. You can understand what they do if you imagine pulling the skin down in the front, like a sweater, and pulling the skin up in the back, like pants. Then trimming off the overlap and sewing it all back together again. The surgery took 5 hours.

I declined the muscle tightening that is typical with tummy tucks. The dr. said my abs were in good shape and recovery is shorter if you don't mess with them.

I had the surgery Jan 31, so I am 18 days post-op. The doctor said I am healing well. I've been back to the gym since my drains were removed at one week. I'm pretty much doing everything again (cardio, strength) except no ab exercises and no running.

There is still some swelling at the incision line. Because it is only 2.5 weeks post-op, the incision is still raw looking in the following pics. It is supposed to fade to clear in about a year. I'm really pleased with the results! I like my new belly button, too. :smiley:

I'm wearing the same pants before and after for comparison.

5qkaa1soot26.jpg
    bak24jvof7vw.jpg
    bjy7r54ywoon.jpg
    9fw7pbovnc1o.jpg

If you are considering the surgery yourself and want more info--feel free to message me. I can also direct you to pics that show all of the incision.

I
    I wanted to share what feels like my final hurdle in this LONG journey. I lost 130 lbs in 2.5 years. I maintained for about 9 months, then went ahead with the cosmetic surgery to solve the "drippy candle" effect of the loose skin.

First some background:
    Age 51
    5'8"
    SW 302
    FW 170

nxwmj650bf2h.jpg

I look okay with my clothes on, but had very saggy skin underneath. I was actually bothered more by my butt than my stomach. When I would run, it felt like water balloons slapping against my back side. Just gross. That is why I chose the circumferential (goes all the way around) abdominoplasty, instead of the standard tummy tuck that is just in the front. You can understand what they do if you imagine pulling the skin down in the front, like a sweater, and pulling the skin up in the back, like pants. Then trimming off the overlap and sewing it all back together again. The surgery took 5 hours.

I declined the muscle tightening that is typical with tummy tucks. The dr. said my abs were in good shape and recovery is shorter if you don't mess with them.

I had the surgery Jan 31, so I am 18 days post-op. The doctor said I am healing well. I've been back to the gym since my drains were removed at one week. I'm pretty much doing everything again (cardio, strength) except no ab exercises and no running.

There is still some swelling at the incision line. Because it is only 2.5 weeks post-op, the incision is still raw looking in the following pics. It is supposed to fade to clear in about a year. I'm really pleased with the results! I like my new belly button, too. :smiley:

5qkaa1soot26.jpg
    bak24jvof7vw.jpg
    bjy7r54ywoon.jpg
    9fw7pbovnc1o.jpg

If you are considering the surgery yourself and want more info--feel free to message me. I can also direct you to pics that show all of the incision.

First some background:
    Age 51
    5'8"
    SW 302
    FW 170

nxwmj650bf2h.jpg

5qkaa1soot26.jpg
    bak24jvof7vw.jpg
    bjy7r54ywoon.jpg
    9fw7pbovnc1o.jpg

If you are considering the surgery yourself and want more info--feel free to message me. I can also direct you to pics that show all of the incision

Wow! How much was it?
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    wow nice results, you have the bum of a 20 year old :) I can't image the recovery was much fun but I understand why you did and it and you must be so pleased with the results.
  • Moxiemama5678
    Moxiemama5678 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing results! I’m pretty sure I’ll need the same surgery once I hit my goal weight. I’m already sagging everywhere and I still have 100 lbs left to loose.
  • Mikkimomof6
    Mikkimomof6 Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Amazing!! You look fantastic...he did a great job! Your transformation is truly inspirational <3
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I’m curious if you are in the US, and if so did your insurance cover any of it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!