Lifting - muscle rotation

Options
Curious with what the lifters think, I’m working each muscle twice a week with 2 days rest in between each muscle and Saturday’s off, would this help increase size ?

Replies

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    if it has progressive overload and your calories are right then yes probably. hard to say without details of the program
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    if it has progressive overload and your calories are right then yes probably. hard to say without details of the program

This.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    jdog022 wrote: »

This.

+1
  • RichNY73
    RichNY73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I def. need to increase calories, my program is pretty standard back/bicep Monday chest/tri Tuesday shoulder /leg Thursday . Cardio everyday and abs every other ...4 sets of 10 for each muscle. I may have to tweak this though ... suggestions appreciated

Thanks all
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    richxps wrote: »
    I def. need to increase calories, my program is pretty standard back/bicep Monday chest/tri Tuesday shoulder /leg Thursday . Cardio everyday and abs every other ...4 sets of 10 for each muscle. I may have to tweak this though ... suggestions appreciated

Thanks all

Is this a program designed by a professional, or did you create it yourself? Right now you're only working each group once and it sounds a little inefficient.
  • bbell1985
    Options

Thanks all

Maybe I need another cup of coffee. This is each muscle group once per week? Right? If you're going to lift 3x per week, might as well do full body each time.
  • RichNY73
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well I try to do it twice so Thursday I start again , this is just what I made up far from professional ,I’m just looking to get a little bigger and a little more cut so I’m looking for some solid suggestions.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Well I try to do it twice so Thursday I start again , this is just what I made up far from professional

Oh I see.

Yeah, I'd pick a program personally.
  • RichNY73
    Options
    Great thanks for the info
  • Davidsdottir
    Options
    Bigger and more cut are achieved through diet. Caloric surplus to gain, caloric deficit to get cut. That's why people run bulking and cutting cycles. Regardless of if you're bulking or cutting, you need to be lifting. The programs I linked to are all great and designed by a professionals.
  • RichNY73
    Options
    Thanks I’m reviewing them now and going to start one today .....