Instant pot recipes

susan121314
susan121314 Posts: 25 Member
Looking for low calorie instant pot recipes...

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Search on Skinnytaste.com. She has some great recipes.
  • susan121314
    susan121314 Posts: 25 Member
    Ok thanks
  • eclecticpixxie
    eclecticpixxie Posts: 56 Member
    I just used mine for the first time last night making a recipe for picadillo. It turned out good! I would lower the amount of sauce though. Personal preference.

PICADILLO (INSTANT POT)
    I N G R E D I E N T S :
    • 1-1/2 lb 93% lean ground beef
    • 1/2 large chopped onion
    • 2 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 tomato, chopped
    • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
    • 2 tbsp cilantro
    • 4 oz (1/2 can) tomato sauce (I like Goya)
    • 1 tsp ground cumin
    • 1-2 bay leaf
    • 2 tbsp alcaparrado (capers or green olives would work too)
    D I R EC T I O N S :
    1. Press saute button, when hot brown meat and season with salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon to break the
    meat up into small pieces until no longer pink.
    2. Add onion, garlic, tomato, salt, pepper and cilantro and stir 1 minute, add alcaparrado or olives and about 2 tbsp of
    the brine (the juice from the olives, this adds great flavor) cumin, and bay leaf. Add tomato sauce and 3
    tablespoons of water and mix well. Cover and cook high pressure 15 minutes. Natural or quick release and enjoy!
    N U T R I T I O N I N F O RMAT I O N Yield: 6 Servings, Serving Size: generous 1/2 cup
    Amount Per Serving: Freestyle Points: 3, Points +: 4, Calories: 207 calories, Total Fat: 8.5g, Saturated Fat: g, Cholesterol: 74mg, Sodium: mg,
    Carbohydrates: 5g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 25g

It is a skinnytaste recipe. Served it over rice (for those who like it). It says 6 servings but I suspect that's only if you use the entire 1-1/2 pound of meat it calls for. I just went straight 1 lb. Which is why I lowered the tomato sauce to 4 oz. When I do it again- and I will- I will make sure to drain the meat. Seems even 93% lean produces some grease.

Anyway family loved it! Me too!

• zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    https://pinchofyum.com/instant-pot-minestrone-sou
    Got this in there now. I'm sure if you'd like to save some calories you could use tomatoes vs Jarred sauce and skip the cheese . Will update how it is !
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    I enjoy making soups too. Pho is so good! I like both recipes from the YouTuber Cuong Can Cook. The instant pot makes it so easy.

There is a group started for pressure cooker recipes here: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115500-pressure-cooker-recipes-and-tips