Man, WW hates how I eat, lol

I track on Weight Watchers and My Fitness Pal and I swear I run out of daily "points" on WW lonnnnng before I hit 1200 calories on MFP...what on earth?!

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I've never done WW but there are tons of posts about their new "free" foods. From what I've read WW reduces your points to compensate for all the "free" foods you're supposedly eating.
  • k8andchr1smom
    k8andchr1smom Posts: 72 Member
    Is this that new program with all the free foods?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    I've never done WW but there are tons of posts about their new "free" foods. From what I've read WW reduces your points to compensate for all the "free" foods you're supposedly eating.

This^

The "free" foods will have calories too. If you are trying to meet 1200 (which is a default minimum for women).....add free foods & log them in MFP.

OR just count calories and try meeting macros - protein and fats especially.

"Fat phobic" .......still? Sounds like WW needs a wake-up call. 1980's....yikes!
  • PeridotDisco
    PeridotDisco Posts: 3 Member
    I'm currently on WW and thinking about quitting. I lost ~70lbs on WW with a lot more left to go and the new plan is killing me. I'm 275 working out 4-5x a week for 60 minutes each time. The points aren't enough. :neutral:
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I'd suggest dumping WW
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    From the headline, I assumed you meant "Wonder Woman hates how I eat."

Disappointing.
    Anyways, Weight Watchers sounds dopey.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,815 Member
    From the headline, I assumed you meant "Wonder Woman hates how I eat."

Disappointing.
    Anyways, Weight Watchers sounds dopey.

Love how you think!
  • Moxiemama5678
    Moxiemama5678 Posts: 31 Member
    I quit WW’s after the latest change in points. I can’t see how not tracking so many foods is going to help me be successful. It’s sad too because I was really successful on the last program. Glad I had MFP to come back to.
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    I joined and then promptly quit 2 weeks later. I logged all my food, including the free foods, and barely went over 1000 calories a day most days I was closer to 800. I was hangry and miserable. It just wasn't worth it in the end and now I've binged the last week because I felt deprived so back onto the MFP wagon after this weekend to lose the 8lbs I've gained plus the 25lbs I want to lose. Even my husband commented that of course people will lose weight on WW because you're basically starving yourself.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Pepperpony wrote: »
    I quit WW’s after the latest change in points. I can’t see how not tracking so many foods is going to help me be successful. It’s sad too because I was really successful on the last program. Glad I had MFP to come back to.

Yeah, it seems crazy to me. I never did it (I prefer the concept of calories and they are so easy to track these days), but someone published a list of all the free foods and it's most of what I eat, I could totally go way, way over calories every day and be okay with their points.
  • KT4everFree
    KT4everFree Posts: 206 Member
    I was very successful years ago on WW- once they changed from points to points plus I was never able to lose. MFP has helped me lose 60lbs
  • jennlg25
    jennlg25 Posts: 1 Member
    The points system before points plus made sense (it was possible to calculate points manually using fibre, fat, carbs and sugar in your head). Once they moved to points plus, the points stopped making sense and made it really difficult to actually follow. I have no idea what the latest system looks like, but it sounds like they’ve made it even worse.