What's for breakfast?

Smallville127
Smallville127 Posts: 51 Member
Really need some ideas to start my day off and have energy that will last.

Replies

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    I eat a roasted vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, yellow squash, zucchini, spinach, leeks, red pepper and asparagus) casserole with shredded chicken topped with kimchi and salsa.
  • samanthaholze
    samanthaholze Posts: 4 Member
    Today I had two scrambled eggs, 4 slices low sodium turkey breast, and 1/3 avocado....and coffee. It's my fave breakfast and gets me through the entire morning without wanting a snack, about 4-41/2 hours. 318 cals.
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    1/2 banana, 59g strawberries, 1 cup almond milk, 1 1/2 scoops vanilla protein powder smoothie
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    My breakfast is usually coffee with creamer right when I wake up, then greek yogurt with berries two, two and a half hours later.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    coffee w/heavy whipping cream. I'm pretty boring. Around 11 I'll have eggs w/cheese.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Protein enriched cereal for me
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    My favorite right now is 2 pancakes made with coconut flour, eggs, and banana (I freeze a big batch) topped with raspberries and warmed up in the microwave. I also have earl grey tea w lemon.
  • kstar0327
    kstar0327 Posts: 54 Member
    edited February 2018
    egg whites, either turkey sausage or chicken bacon and either 1/2 cup of potatoes or slice of wheat/brown bread coming in around 250-300 calories and fills me up until lunch
  • 1/4 steel cut oatmeal w water/milk to cook. Top w 1/4c frozen blueberries. Canadian bacon, boiled egg. Herbal tea.
  • valescrollsaw
    valescrollsaw Posts: 1 Member
    Coffee with creamer,
    plain greek yogurt 0% with two teaspoons of honey,
    one fruit.
    280/300 kcal
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Omelette with 1 egg, 2 whites, turkey sausage crumbles, cheese and a little hot sauce. Sometimes add onions and red bell pepper if I have time.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Today I had homemade greekish yogurt flavored with granola, blueberries, raisins, and peanut powder. Tomorrow I'll have a smoothie made of kefir, spinach, peanut powder, blackberries, hemp, and a banana. Saturday I'll have an overnight oats made with kefir, oats, and protein powder with blueberries. Sunday I'll likely have bacon and eggs.
  • mic1018
    mic1018 Posts: 70 Member
    I saute one bag of frozen California blend veggies in butter with whatever seasoning I like...garlic powder, Cajun, Italian, etc. Then, I add a handful of fresh spinach or kale and saute another minute. Then, add 10 beaten eggs and scramble all together until the eggs are nearly set. Divide into 5 containers and put in fridge. Each morning, microwave one container for 1-2 minutes. Add a bit of cheese on top before microwaving if you like. I also like mine with Sriracha and lots of black pepper. Of course, you can change the veggies to broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, whatever you like. Makes 5 days worth of breakfast in about 10 minutes.
    bimppbs89far.jpg
  • vtemp2013
    vtemp2013 Posts: 33 Member
    I like to make a "knock off" egg mcmuffin. Get a whole wheat English muffin (~100 cals) and toast it. Cook one egg any way you like it in some no cal butter spray (can't tell a difference in that and actual butter taste-wise). Add a sprinkle of cheese and sliced tomatoes- and you're all set! Under 350 cals and fills me up completely until lunch, if not longer. Tastes better than the fake thing too!
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    I switch back and forth with low calorie wheat toast or light English muffin with pb and sugar free jam/jelly. Always have a banana. Around 10-11 I have a Light and Fit Greek Yogurt.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I have scallion pancakes planned for tomorrow. Love them!
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    THis week I had... Old fashion oats with coconut & almond milk, topped with organic pure maple syrup, ground cinamon and strawberries. Scrambled eggs with bell peppers, Whole grains toast with Natural peanut butter topped with strawberries, and a Shake of coconut & almond milk with bananas, strawberries and a scoop of chocolate whey protein powder because I was in a rush! Very simple and yummy!!