FEMALES

Suly09
Suly09 Posts: 88 Member
Do you find it harder to keep your "diet" under control when you're on your menstrual cycle? I do; I get so many cravings and am much hungrier but I try and drink water to get rid of those evil cravings. How do you handle it? Do you cave in?

Replies

• W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2018
    I always increase my calories by 100 daily, to fuel the extra work that my body's doing during that time!
  • Suly09
    W8WarI wrote: »
    I always increase my calories by 100 daily, to fuel the extra work that my body's doing during that time!

I could do this but then I would be scared that afterwards I would still need the extra 100 cal to feel full.
  • Suly09
    After The full on crazy hormone possession black out I usually come to surrounded by empty pizza boxes, chocolate wrappers, and tear stained tissues. Occasionally a trembling priest holding a crucifix. Water doesn’t help much.

Wow. Same here. Hilarious!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I'm okay eating at maintenance for a day or two.
  • Suly09
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Backing%20Out%20Of%20A%20Thread.gif

Soo funny! Thanks for the laugh.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    I only give in if there’s a beneficial/nutritious/not completely poisonous snack I can have that pushes the button. By and large, I don’t have a period anymore because I’m on “the shot,” but I can tell that it’s time for a dose when I’m grumpy for no apparent reason and crave chocolate (satisfyable with sugar free chocolate candy) and have to fidget endlessly to get comfortable with the cramping. If I accidentally miss the shot and end up bleeding, I crave salt (substituted with Quest Protein Chips).
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    I usually eat a couple of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and move on. I try to ignore the scale right before my period, as I know I will inevitably gain 3-4 pounds (water retention quite possibly related to my desire for saltier foods...of course I also retain water pretty much any time I eat a restaurant meal)...but once my period is over, the bloat (and extra weight) goes away.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Nope, nope, nope. No control; over emotions or cravings or consumption. I just eat and eat and eat. And then cry over nothing!! And blow up over everything!! No balance. Everything goes out of whack
  • NenaPunPun2241
    NenaPunPun2241 Posts: 73 Member
    I try to spread my meals out more through the day and increase my calories by 50-100 usually with something high in iron since I’ve had issues before during my period
    depending on how bad the cravings are usually before I eat I’ll do some ab workouts because that makes me feel better/less hungry and sometimes get my mind off what I’m craving so I just eat what I normally do
    Drink hella water tho
  • Gould118
    Gould118 Posts: 544 Member
    Same! It's the worst ever! I try and drink fruit infused water that I make, or sip on tea. The struggle is real though! Ugh
  • Suly09
    ilfaith wrote: »
    I usually eat a couple of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and move on. I try to ignore the scale right before my period, as I know I will inevitably gain 3-4 pounds (water retention quite possibly related to my desire for saltier foods...of course I also retain water pretty much any time I eat a restaurant meal)...but once my period is over, the bloat (and extra weight) goes away.

Exactly what I always crave. Reese's Pieces Chocolate.