Exercise while sick?

They say to keep it up if you are sick from the neck up, and give it a rest if you are sick below the neck. Obviously, one should rest if they have the flu since it's literally killing people. Where do you draw the line? What if you are pretty sure you just have a common cold, but the flu is going around?

Replies

• deathblazer
    deathblazer Posts: 1 Member
    If I had a mild cold I would still workout
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Common cold? Take an easy week. I work out at home so I am not worried about exposing people at a gym or something.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Common cold? Take an easy week. I work out at home so I am not worried about exposing people at a gym or something.

That.

• netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Any kinda fever, "my nose and lungs are making it hard to breathe" and anything bad enough to give me the feeling of overall weakness? I skip or just stretch/walk... I've tried to push through what I thought was "just a small cold" before, I usually ended up misjudging, having a **** workout, and was then sick for a whole 2-3 weeks anyway...
    I feel like some of my common colds are as bad as the actual flu for me though, somehow (apart from mild vs pretty high fever)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    I'd say you'd know the difference between having a common cold and the flu.

If you have an infection stay out of the gym, work out at home if you feel up to it or go for a walk.

Eat enough to give your body the fuel to recover itself and enough fluids to keep you hydrated.