GM diet (General Motor)

Who had tried this diet?

Replies

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Haven't heard of that one. How's the gas mileage?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    It's like all other diets, they don't work.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited February 2018
    I was going to try the tesla diet, but I couldn't afford it

Seriously, though...

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/gm-diet

It looks extremely restrictive for no good reason (at least in the first week). It doesn't have much positive going for it in my opinion, if the above link is an accurate representation of the diet.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    I just read the 7 day meal plan. I’d rather eat a bowl of wet hair every day than try to follow this woo

:lol: Me too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2018
    Who had tried this diet?

This is the decades old Dolly Parton Diet. It keeps getting "branded" with new names, back in the 1970's very low fat diets were in fashion.

This is a FAD diet. You will lose some weight (because it's low calorie) and even more water weight (which is temporary). In other words, don't bother. This is not something you will want to do for any length of time.
  • Venus_88
    Venus_88 Posts: 112 Member
    What is the sense of living when you're on this diet?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited February 2018
    "On the first day, you should only eat fruits and nothing else. However, these fruits should not contain any form of potassium, starch or carbohydrates. This implies that you should completely avoid Bananas from your diet as your body is subject to detoxification on the first day." Emphasis added.
    http://www.7daygmdiet.com/day-1-menu/

Umm, that's a neat trick! :confounded:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I just read the 7 day meal plan. I’d rather eat a bowl of wet hair every day than try to follow this woo

Wet hair can be quite delicious....
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    This sounds like something that if the inventor read this thread, the next time they wrote a diet, it would somehow include wet hair.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    I did this years ago. I seem to remember eating nothing but tomatoes for about a week... It was really stupid.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    The GM workout is just lots of walking every where you go since you will get farther walking than driving a GM.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Sounds like the equivalent of a Pinto. It'll probably just blow up in your face. :neutral: