Post work feel like I am dying

Hey people so after my workouts for 2 days u feel so ill my body hurts feel sick and it stops me from going to gym have just got back into the gym and really struggling with this feeling so have only been going once week really want to get to three times week at gym but finding it hard ! Any tips and advice please xx

Replies

• MYOBNSA
    MYOBNSA Posts: 1 Member
    Don't go. If your brains says "I can't train today" tell it to shut up and get your kit on. If your body is in pain, take a rest day, keep in a deficit, hydrate, sleep, get up and get back on it. Progress not perfection. You can do it.
  • deimosphoebos
    deimosphoebos Posts: 117 Member
    Alright, so a few questions:

1) How much are you eating, could it be you are not eating enough to feed your workout?
    2) What workout are you doing? There are times when I need to take a day off because of the intensity of the workout.
    3) What is your overall fitness/health level?
    4) How long have you been working out? Is this the first week you are back in the gym?
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member
    You're probably overtraining. Start much slower. Cut it by half. You will be able to increase it back as you gain stamina and strength.
  • lisamwaka
    lisamwaka Posts: 6 Member
    Alright, so a few questions:

1) How much are you eating, could it be you are not eating enough to feed your workout?
    2) What workout are you doing? There are times when I need to take a day off because of the intensity of the workout.
    3) What is your overall fitness/health level?
    4) How long have you been working out? Is this the first week you are back in the gym?

This is first time I have been gym like in years , o have got my self a PT who really helps me I am doing weights and cardio for one hour, and trying to aim to do light gym work once a week , level of fitness not great but slowly getting better my main problem is food as don't o what I am meant to be eating etc as new to all of this
  • lisamwaka
    I also really struggle with my co ordination and upper strength such a nightmare I have been HIT sessions which are good with my pt but I feel bad next day hope it gets better
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    lisamwaka wrote: »
    I also really struggle with my co ordination and upper strength such a nightmare I have been HIT sessions which are good with my pt but I feel bad next day hope it gets better

Have you told your PT that you're feeling sick/pain afterwards? If you have and they haven't adjusted your workouts get a new PT.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    how much are you eating? Eating exercise cals back? How much sleep are you getting? I would talk with your trainer, if you are feeling that bad after a workout you could be training above your fitness level. You need to progress as u train, not try and do it all at once. Change up what you are doing, because if you are this miserable it will be virtually impossible for you to do it long term.
  • lisamwaka
    Thank u all for the advice