Started at beginning of Nov 17.
Starting squat 75# 5x5
Current squat 235# 5x5

Replies

• gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    GET SOME!!! Keep up the good work. Just watch your form as the weight increases so you don't hurt yourself.
  • Strongerxthanxyesterday
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Dan31S
    Dan31S Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Just started squats today since someone left the setup in my workout spot at the gym. Did 5X5 of 150 lbs. Felt pretty good. I'll hit again on Friday.
  • deimosphoebos
    deimosphoebos Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    How do you find the 5x5 Stronglifts? Are you doing the workout while on a calorie deficit? Are you doing anything other than the 3 workouts a week?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    How do you find the 5x5 Stronglifts? Are you doing the workout while on a calorie deficit? Are you doing anything other than the 3 workouts a week?

There’s an app you can download and use. Just search for it.

Yes, I did.

No, I didn’t. For awhile. then I added in pull-ups.
    Options
    I downloaded the app called Strong. It was free. I’m eating close to 3000 cal on lifting days and doing a 16hr fast on rest days. No watching my diet too closely on rest days or weekends. Only doing following the program no cardio, no accessory work. Look and feel pretty good. Weigh 152#.
    Options
    Something I love about this program, I’m lifting heavier than I ever have and I’m barely ever sore.
    Options
    Yea..I plan on sticking to the program.
  • monicalifestylefitness
    monicalifestylefitness Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Great job, besides getting much stronger have you noticed any body composition changes? Or any other changes you can share?
    Options
    Yes my chest, quads, and biceps most notably as well as core becoming defined. Shoulders as well.
    Options
    I reached my goal of 250# on the back squat. I’m going to keep going with the program but start doing front squats instead of back. Does this make sense?
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I reached my goal of 250# on the back squat. I’m going to keep going with the program but start doing front squats instead of back. Does this make sense?

Why? This sound like a horrible idea.

Yea..I plan on sticking to the program.

Does 5x5 have front squats as written?

Yeah, I just said no in his other thread about this.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Front squats are more quad dominant than back squats. As you have decided to front squat, how do you plan on making up for the reduced stress on your hamstrings?
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Erik8484 wrote: »
    Front squats are more quad dominant than back squats. As you have decided to front squat, how do you plan on making up for the reduced stress on your hamstrings?

Not OP and not disagreeing that front squats aren't the way to go, but he's getting plenty of hammie work with deadlifts.
  • foreversnafu
    foreversnafu Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mark's Starting Strength is a lot better than Mahdi's Strong Lifts, but SL does get people in the door a lot more than SS does. Either way, switch to SS once 5x5 starts burning you out, and read the book.