My full body training plan.. could it be better?

2»

Replies

• Yes! Just do stronglifts 5x5!!
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    I know you have chosen a program, however for future a program should cover these movements over week

Thigh dominant movement (squat or legpress)
    Hip dominant movement (deadlift or similar)

Horizontal push
    Horizontal pull

Vertical push
    Vertical pull

Arm work
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes! Just do stronglifts 5x5!!

Or Starting Strength.

Both are designed for beginners and are simple and effective at getting you reasonably strong w/in a very short (4-6 month) period of time IF you don't mess w/them by adding unnecessary *kitten* (like isolation lifts, as beginners always seem to want to do) and follow the programs as designed.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Yes! Just do stronglifts 5x5!!

Or Starting Strength.

Both are designed for beginners and are simple and effective at getting you reasonably strong w/in a very short (4-6 month) period of time IF you don't mess w/them by adding unnecessary *kitten* (like isolation lifts, as beginners always seem to want to do) and follow the programs as designed.

God...I remember when I started back to the gym with Starting Strength...first real program I ever ran outside of coached strength and conditioning for football and track.

It was so hard at first not to break with the program and start doing a bunch of bro curls and leg extensions, etc. Running the program really works though.