So, I guess I HAVE lost some weight...

vegaslounge
vegaslounge Posts: 122 Member
edited February 2018 in Success Stories
Every summer my two high school girlfriends and I do a weekend vacation somewhere, and we've been doing it for years. Our first one, the one that unofficially kicked off this tradition, was in Washington DC in 2012. I was roughly 215lbs.

Here's me, standing in the Plexiglass vestibule of Julia Child's kitchen.

eas6gqyxthp8.jpg

Here's me tonight, 50 pounds lighter, same shirt. Holy crap. Seriously, holy crap. I'm still 20lb from goal but I cannot believe how different my face looks. My eyes particularly...I can wear eyeshadow and liner now because my eyelids are no longer "hooded" and I don't get creases when I blink.

67reslna8tyw.jpg

I never took the classic standing-in-your-underwear "before" shots, but the fact that we've been taking these vacations every year for the past 5 years has given me a good chart of my progress. I'm hoping I'll be near goal by our next one (first week of June) but if I'm not, I'll still look and feel so much better than our first year, or every year since.

Yeah, so basically this post is "OMG how amazing am I" but...dude, I've legit lost 50lbs since 2012. Hell yeah I'm going to self-congratulate.

~VL

Replies

• bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Improving everyday, One day at a time! I look fantastic!
  • fitjcf
    fitjcf Posts: 17 Member
    It looks like 2 different girls! Great job. How did you loose it you think? Love that kitchen in the back - no wonder why Julia liked cooking.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Congrats!
  • birdenerd
    birdenerd Posts: 41 Member
    Congrats! You totally deserve to self congratulate :smiley: And thanks for this post! I've been overweight since childhood and could never really do makeup like my friends because of my eyelids. I never realized it was because of excess weight. Looking forward to seeing how my face changes after I lose more weight.
  • jcordray1978
    jcordray1978 Posts: 32 Member
    Really brilliant job!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Good job! You look amazing!
  • UGET1LIFE
    UGET1LIFE Posts: 9 Member
    Every summer my two high school girlfriends and I do a weekend vacation somewhere, and we've been doing it for years. Our first one, the one that unofficially kicked off this tradition, was in Washington DC in 2012. I was roughly 215lbs.

Here's me, standing in the Plexiglass vestibule of Julia Child's kitchen.

eas6gqyxthp8.jpg

Here's me tonight, 50 pounds lighter, same shirt. Holy crap. Seriously, holy crap. I'm still 20lb from goal but I cannot believe how different my face looks. My eyes particularly...I can wear eyeshadow and liner now because my eyelids are no longer "hooded" and I don't get creases when I blink.

67reslna8tyw.jpg

I never took the classic standing-in-your-underwear "before" shots, but the fact that we've been taking these vacations every year for the past 5 years has given me a good chart of my progress. I'm hoping I'll be near goal by our next one (first week of June) but if I'm not, I'll still look and feel so much better than our first year, or every year since.

Yeah, so basically this post is "OMG how amazing am I" but...dude, I've legit lost 50lbs since 2012. Hell yeah I'm going to self-congratulate.

~VL

Congratulations! You look beautiful
  • Congratulations. You look amazing. Well done!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Great story and great results, your 'self congratulate' is well deserved, Good job :)
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Awesome Job. Can't wait to see next year's photo!
  • beany90a
    beany90a Posts: 31 Member
    Well done. I am really proud of you
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Awesome! You do look like a different person as others have said. It never occurred to me that those eye shadow creases might go away... :) Another reason for me to hit the gym!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Are you sure this is not 2 different people....WOW!?
  • ITUSGirl51
    ITUSGirl51 Posts: 192 Member
    Wow, great job! You look great!!!!
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Way to go!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Congrats! It’s great to have pics in similar circumstances each year, especially with the same people for comparison. Well done.
  • klr1981
    klr1981 Posts: 46 Member
    Congratulations to you on a fantastic job!
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Great job, you've done it, the twenty is doable.
  • vegaslounge
    vegaslounge Posts: 122 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'd like to thank everyone for their well-wishes! It obviously has been a bumpy road (which is why it took 5 years to lose 50lbs) but it's been worth it and the remaining 20 will be even more worth it. I'm so close! I'm kicking it into a higher gear... started strength training at my gym and will be joining the local aquatics center for adult swim lessons (I never progressed past "tadpole" at my childhood YMCA classes). I am really, truly, once and for all, going to get this pile o'kittens done. I don't want to spend another summer swaddled in black ("it's slimming!").

What's kinda sad is that I knew I seriously needed to start losing weight in 2012 (I wore a cheapo pedometer throughout our whole DC trip) but I honestly felt cute and kinda sexy at the time. So, rah-rah my amazing self-esteem, boo-hiss my total lack of self-awareness at how big the problem (and myself) had gotten by that point.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!