Easy dinners

hope25
hope25 Posts: 188 Member
What are your easy, healthy go to dinners?

Replies

• shiragatama
    shiragatama Posts: 33 Member
    I bought a big bag of frozen chicken tenderloins, and after defrosting in the microwave for 2 minutes, I sautee them with kbbq sauce, vidalia, and scallion!
    I also make sandwiches with frozen veggie burgers and whole wheat bread, its easy enough to make in the morning before I go to class!
    Soups are also quite easy; my favorite recipe is fagioli, which is basically any kind of meat, tomatoes, and then any kinds of veggies you have lying around that you need to use! I personally like onions, carrots, and celery in mine.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Always keep bags of frozen vegetables and frozen pre-cooked meat available. My easiest meals take less than 10 minutes.

First microwave your serving of frozen california blend veggies and some chicken strips, or meatballs, or veggie burgers. Then, toss it all in a pan with some sort of seasoning. Add sauce (marinara, salsa, salad dressing, bbq sauce, guacamole etc etc) if desired. Serve with toast or some canned beans or some instant rice or whatever else if you want a carb.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Protein, starch, veg.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Homemade burgers. I just choose the healthiest ingredients I can find to make them with and it fits fine into my calorie allowance. Usually have room for a few sweet potato fries with them.

Steak and salad is another fave. Nice and quick if you grab a premade salad from the supermarket!

• hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Thanks good tips all. Frozen veggies and precooked meats is good idea.