Is this a good diet for bulking? How can I improve this?

I've been following this for about seven months. Feel kind of tired from it and have only seen a little muscle growth. How can I improve this?

and does anyone have pointers or a diet to follow for cutting?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Your diary isn't open.
  • lala010203
    lala010203 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks, I just changed it. I'm new!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited February 2018
    thats my diary ;D but most your days are empty so how would we know of the past week i see one day

edit based on the one day: i see a few entries that are super generic but relatively basic so especially if bulking wouldnt worry me.... what do you think is wrong with it? besides not logging anything and then asking our opinions on it
  • TavistockToad
    You ate the same thing for 7 months?

You aren't weighing accurately.

What are your stats?
  • lala010203
    edited February 2018
    Yea, for the most part, Tavis, with a cheat day a week. I am 5'2" and weigh 107lbs. So far on this I've outgrown a couple pairs of pants, but the muscle's just barely noticeable.
  • TavistockToad
    How do I link my diary? Yea, for the most part, Tavis, with a cheat day a week. I weigh 107lbs, don't know about other stats. So far on this I've outgrown a couple pairs of pants, but the muscle's just barely noticeable.

How much have you gained?

You're very high on protein for your weight? Is there a reason you feel the need for that much protein?
  • lala010203
    I don't know. My cousin gave me this plan and I thought you needed more protein to build muscle...

I have gained three pounds.
  • TavistockToad
    I don't know. My cousin gave me this plan and I thought you needed more protein to build muscle...

I have gained three pounds.

In 7 months? Eat more.

You need adequate protein, yes, but 160g is not necessary. A calorie surplus is more important.

Try adding 200 cals a day.
  • lala010203
    So what food/s do you think I should add? Now that I look at the figures I guess that is too much protein. Isn't it supposed to be the same grams as your body weight?
  • TavistockToad
    So what food/s do you think I should add? Now that I look at the figures I guess that is too much protein. Isn't it supposed to be the same grams as your body weight?

You're 107lbs, your protein intake is logged as 160g...

Add more carbs
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Yeah, I think you could take out the protein powder and replace that with more carbs/another carb source.
  • lala010203
    edited February 2018
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/top-10-rules-successful-clean-bulking.html

Ok well this says, 1-1.5g of protein and 1.5 x 107 is 160g. I have a job where I am constantly walking all day, so I think I will keep that in, but I will add the carbs too.

I need to actually get a scale so I can keep track of my weight..
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    lala010203 wrote: »
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/top-10-rules-successful-clean-bulking.html

Ok well this says, 1-1.5g of protein and 1.5 x 107 is 160g. I have a job where I am constantly walking all day, so I think I will keep that in, but I will add the carbs too.

I need to actually get a scale so I can keep track of my weight..
    Eh, they are overstating the importance of protein there. Yes, it is very important for building muscle, but studies have shown that one does not need 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight. Even 1 gram per pound of bodyweight is plenty, so getting in an additional 50 grams is not going to help build any more muscle.
  • Mohsin4723
    Mohsin4723 Posts: 2 Member
    lala010203 wrote: »

Did u Gain weight from this diet?
  • ricka1962
    ricka1962 Posts: 84 Member
    Basic rule of thumb for protein is .75 to 1 gram per LEAN body weight. So you should take your body weight and subtract the body fat percent to gain your lean weight. So for example if you're 100lbs with 10% body fat, your lean weight is 90lbs. Then apply the protein per pound. Again, this is rule of thumb, so if you want to go 1.5 per LEAN body weight, that's really up to you but it doesn't seem necessary.