Maintainers weekly Check-in March 2018

Replies

• Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    @ryenday, as @LivingtheLeanDream noted, being more active and earning some exercise calories is a great way to increase your daily calorie allotment - certainly that's always been my "secret weapon" for living with calorie restrictions. And I can well imagine how hard it would be to live on just 1350!

But since you mentioned pizza, I thought you'd be interested to know that I was at the grocery store a few months ago and got pretty interested in examining the packages of pre-made pizza crusts. The calorie count for 1/2 a medium-sized pizza (thin crust, Multigrain) looked promising, so I bought a package, and started making a fantastic pizza loaded with mushrooms, and incorporating Classico sauce, pepperoni, onions, olives, and mozzarella pizza cheese. I cut it into 4 pieces, so it's a nice quantity, and best of all, it's only 530 calories. I have eaten it dozens and dozens of times over the last few times, and still LOVE it!! Feel free to message me if you want more info. Wishing you all good things!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    @ryenday Out of curiosity, what would happen if you ate the 1600 calories/day all week? I'm pretty sure I would be convicted on manslaughter on only 1350 cals/day. Then again, I am one of those who exercises a lot so I can eat a lot. It looks like ignoring you is not going to happen. We are here to help, if we can.

P.S. I agree with @Rachelmilloy on everything she said.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited March 2018
    ryenday wrote: »
    @ryenday, as @LivingtheLeanDream noted, being more active and earning some exercise calories is a great way to increase your daily calorie allotment - certainly that's always been my "secret weapon" for living with calorie restrictions. And I can well imagine how hard it would be to live on just 1350!

But since you mentioned pizza, I thought you'd be interested to know that I was at the grocery store a few months ago and got pretty interested in examining the packages of pre-made pizza crusts. The calorie count for 1/2 a medium-sized pizza (thin crust, Multigrain) looked promising, so I bought a package, and started making a fantastic pizza loaded with mushrooms, and incorporating Classico sauce, pepperoni, onions, olives, and mozzarella pizza cheese. I cut it into 4 pieces, so it's a nice quantity, and best of all, it's only 530 calories. I have eaten it dozens and dozens of times over the last few times, and still LOVE it!! Feel free to message me if you want more info. Wishing you all good things!

:( already averaging 12000 steps a day. Swim two miles a week. On non swim days I do other moderate cardio a minimum of 30 minutes a day (walking, dancing, hula hoop, mini trampoline or Exercycle. ). I stand at my job a minimum of 12 hours a week. Weight train 2x a week. My 9500 weekly calories include a lot of movement. ‘Just move more’ doesn’t help some of us much, unfortunately - moving any more and I’ll be even hungrier and the extra calories (about 60 per 1/2 hour at above activities) don’t even begin to cover being hungrier.

Thanks tho, but unfortunately, I appear to be stuck. And I’m afraid only 530 calories makes it somewhat iout of my league, the multiple veggie and chicken bowls will curb hunger better for that calorie amount.

I really shouldn’t have kvetched about my situation here, as y’all want to help (and thank you, I appreciate it.) but as far as I can determine there just is no helping. Eating on a 5:2 diet schedule makes it barely bearable but leaves me somewhat depressed and hangry on he 2 light days, but I need the Five 1600 calorie days 5;2 eating allows - because I honestly would just NOT keep on no matter what the cost never being able to eat more than 1350 per day. I’d constantly starve and probably go in a permanent temper tantrum.

Sigh. Just ignore me.

hi ryenday, I'm pretty close to you, I'd say in various criteria: I'm 5' 2.5", 54 years old, slow metabolism. My mom was very obese and two of my sisters have or have had issues with obesity and the other is more normal with a tendency to gain a bit like me. It's not fair. I was out for a bite with some younger people and they got breaded deep fried fish on a bed of fries. Yikes! I got fish w veggies. I am not at all here to do advertising, but I was pretty stable for years (I had been up to about 145 in my youth, which I am not comfortable, but am down close to my goal range, now. I did WW online for a couple of months and the high protein, veggies, fruit, but very low sugar, etc, works for me. I can eat unlimited soy yogurt and many other proteins. I've been surprised. I'm not into meetings, and will probably stop my membership after the 3 month minimum. Maybe it won't work for you, but it might be worth a try. or some other tricks. we are not all the same in the metabolism game, so things can be pretty unfair.